The University of Wisconsin is inviting applications for Graduate Scholarships from eight incoming students with outstanding academic merit majoring in biology or chemistry. Scholarships cover for full-tuition and fees plus a stipend for books.
Jim and Sue Swenson, alumni of UW-Superior, established the Swenson Family Trust Scholarship program in 1994. Their vision was to provide full-tuition scholarships to academically talented freshmen students enrolled at UW-Superior and majoring in biology, chemistry, math or computer science.
Swenson Family Scholarships, just one of many initiatives they fund at the university, allow us to recruit and retain high-quality students – students who otherwise might not be able to afford a college education.
- Application Deadline: December 1, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue a graduate degree program.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study in biology, chemistry and math or computer science.
- Scholarship Award: The Swenson Family Trust Scholarship is a full-tuition scholarship that includes a $1,000 annual stipend for books and other fees
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given.
- Nationality: The scholarship is available for USA citizens.
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: The scholarship is available for USA citizens.
- Entrance Requirements: Students who receive this scholarship award will maintain the scholarship for a total of four years if they meet the following requirements:
- Registration as a full-time student.
- Completion of coursework in the declared major.
- Maintenance of an overall grade point average of 3.0 at the end of each academic year.
- Has financial need as determined by their FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
If the student fails to meet these requirements, or transfers to another college or major, the scholarship will be discontinued and re-awarded to another student.
How to Apply: Candidates who meet the minimum criteria will be invited to apply for the Swenson Family Trust Scholarship and must complete the following:
- Apply for admissions to UW-Superior online
- Apply for federal student aid at fafsa.gov beginning on Oct. 1
- Submit a Swenson Scholarship essay describing your interest in biology, chemistry, math or computer science (see Scholarship Application Essay form).
- Request a letter of support from an appropriate high school science teacher and submit by email to your admissions counselor, or in person to the Admissions Office, Yellowjacket Union 230.
Applications and supplemental documents must be submitted on or before December 1st.