Applications are invited for Fully Funded PhD Scholarship for Irish, EU and international students to study in Ireland. The successful applicant will join the SoftEdge project team in CONNECT, and will have the opportunity to collaborate closely (through regular visits and internships) with the 5G Group at NEC Laboratories in Heidelberg, Germany.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Trinity College is the sole constituent college of the University of Dublin, a research university in Ireland. TCD is the top-ranked University in Ireland, and CONNECT is the world leading SFI Research Centre for Future Networks and Communications.
- Application Deadline: May 30, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: This position is available in the School of Computer Science and Statistics (SCSS), Trinity College Dublin (TCD).
- Scholarship Award: These postgraduate scholarships are open to Irish, EU and international students and carry a stipend of €18,000 (tax-free).
- Nationality: These postgraduate scholarships are open to Irish, EU and international students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Ireland
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: These postgraduate scholarships are open to Irish, EU and international students.
Entrance Requirements: Graduates applying for this position should have the following:
- Strong motivation to tackle challenging research problems
- Sc., M.Sc. or equivalent in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Strong interest in applied mathematics; prior research experience is a plus.
- Excellent academic results (first-class honours or equivalent)
- Very good level of spoken and written English
- Applications from excellent candidates in related topics will be also considered.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have a very good level of spoken and written English.
How to Apply: To apply, candidates should submit a detailed CV and the names and contact details of two referees for letters of recommendation to Prof. G. Iosifidis.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by May 30, 2018. Position to remain open until filled