TU Dresden at the Department of Forest Sciences, Institute of International Forestry and Forest Products, Chair of Tropical Forestry is inviting applications for doctoral scholarship for EU and Non-EU students.
The TU Dresden is one of eleven German universities that were identified as an “excellence university”. TUD has about 36.500 students and almost 5319 employees, 507 professors among them, and, thus, is the largest university in Saxony, today. The TU Dresden is one of eleven German Universities of Excellence since June 2012. This distinction confirms the potential of one of Germany’s largest technical universities. But it is also an incentive and a guiding principle to stay and become even more “excellent”.
- Applications Deadline: July 13, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue doctoral degree programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded for a Doctoral Scholarship for the research topic: “Wood and bamboo production-driven landscape restoration under REDD+: The case of private sector-community partnerships in Nghe an and Than Hoa provinces, Vietnam”.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship is 1,200 Euro per month. The funding period is 36 months.
- Nationality: Available to EU and Non-EU students are available to apply for this scholarship.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Available to EU and Non-EU students are available to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The candidate should have a university degree (Master) with excellent or good performance in forestry or other disciplines related to the proposed research. Research / work experience in the tropics or subtropics, with preference in SE Asia, and scientific publications are an asset. Proficient English language skills, oral and written, is required, other language competence (Vietnamese, German) is an advantage, as well as good intercultural communication skills and social competence, preferably in the Asian context. The successful candidate should be highly motivated and willing to spend several months in the research sites.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have German (good knowledge of the language).
How to Apply: Applications from women are particularly welcome. The same applies to people with disabilities.
Please send your application with the usual document copies until 13.07.2018 (stamped arrival date applies) preferably via the TU Dresden Secure Mail Portal as a single pdf document.