Applications are invited for BHF Cardiovascular Biomedicine 4-year PhD Studentships or the September 2019 intake at The UCL Institute of Cardiovascular Science. UK/EU and Non UK/EU students are eligible to apply.
The UCL Institute of Cardiovascular Science is a world-leading research institute into the leading causes of cardiovascular disease. Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of mortality and morbidity in the world. We pursue a multidisciplinary approach to elucidating the causes and treatment of cardiovascular disease and training the next generation of cardiovascular researchers is a high priority for us.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Applications Deadline: December 12, 2018
- Course Level: Studentships are available to pursue PhD programs.
- Study Subject: The programme is themed around 4 key cardiovascular research strengths at UCL:
- Fundamental Biology and Discovery Science
- Therapeutic and Diagnostic Innovation
- Populations Science and Experimental Medicine
- Data Science and Health Informatics
- Scholarship Award: This programme is funded by the British Heart Foundation. Studentships cover tuition fees (UK/EU rate set by UCL), a stipend (estimated £22,278 in year 1), a consumables allowance and a travel fund.
Tuition fees are covered at the home UK/EU rate set by UCL (£5,502 for 2019/20). Non UK/EU applicants must show evidence of their ability to cover the difference between home fees (£5,502 for 2019/20) and overseas fees (£24,717 for 2019/20) for the duration of study, and will also need to satisfy UKBA visa requirements.
- Nationality: UK/EU and Non UK/EU students are eligible to apply.
- Number of Scholarships: Four studentships are awarded annually by the British Heart Foundation.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: UK/EU and Non UK/EU students are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Applicant entry requirement: a minimum of an upper second-class UK Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate subject (or overseas equivalent), or a recognised taught Master’s degree.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: The relevant documents for a complete application:
- Application Form (download here)
- Reference Form (download here)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Degree Transcripts (scanned copies of originals)
Please complete the application form and submit this with an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a copy of any degree transcripts by the deadline of 5 pm Wednesday 12 December 2018.
You should request an independent reference from two academic referees. Send a reference form to them, to complete and submit by 5 pm Wednesday 12 December 2018.
Please send all relevant documents via email to bhf4yr-at-ucl.ac.uk
Use ‘UCL BHF 4-year PhD application: [YOUR NAME]’ in the subject field.
Should you be unable to submit your application documents electronically, please send them to the postal address noted in the application form.