The UCL Institute for Risk and Disaster Reduction (IRDR) and the Humanitarian Institute are now recruiting 2 post-doctoral Research Fellows. The scholarship is available for international students.
The UCL Institute for Risk and Disaster Reduction (IRDR) is a cross-UCL Institute, which leads research, knowledge exchange and advanced teaching in the area of risk and disaster reduction (RDR).
The Social science research fellow will use mixed methods approaches to investigate the complex issues of forced migration in a developing country prone to natural hazards, impacts on the host populations and conditions for returning,
- Application deadline: November 1, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to study post-doctoral Research fellowship.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are available for Social Science and Physical Science
- Scholarship Award: Scholarship is awarded for (£35,328 to £42,701 per annum).
- Nationality: The scholarship is available to international students
- Number of scholarship: Number not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: The scholarship is available to international students
- Entrance Requirement: Knowledge of research, modelling and analytical methods in natural science.
- Ability to analyze and model complex data
- An awareness of complex issues surrounding conflict, disasters and migration.
- Ability to present complex information effectively to a range of audiences, internationally.
- Demonstrated ability to pursue internationally excellent research on natural hazards and migration.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills in English.
- How to Apply:
- Full job description and person specification for both positions can be downloaded below:
- Physical Science Research Fellow in Conflict, Disaster and Migration
- Social Science Research Fellow in Conflict, Disaster and Migration
- Please contact Dr Rosanna Smith ([email protected]) if you have any other queries relating to the application process.
- Please contact Dr Bays Ahmed ([email protected]) for informal enquiries about the role.