The University of Oslo is inviting applications for its PhD Research Fellowship in Medical Robotics for Ultrasound Guided Therapy. The fellowship is available for international students.
The aim of the fellowship is to provide the interventional cardiologist with decision support and automation through advanced visualization and autonomous robotics using visual serving based on input from the ultrasound images.
Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue PhD research programme.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of Medical Robotics for Ultrasound Guided Therapy in Norway.
Scholarship Award: Fellowship will cover the following:
- NOK 436 900 – 490 900 per year, depending on qualifications and seniority.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Norway
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Applicants must hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in robotics, cybernetics or Informatics with good knowledge within image processing, signal processing.
- Good knowledge in programming and mathematics is preferable.
Nationality: International applicants are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must hold a Master’s degree.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply online:
- Applicants must submit the following documents:
- Application letter.
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work – scientific publications).
- Copies of educational certificates, transcript of records and letters of recommendation.
- List of publications and academic work that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee.
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
- Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University’s grading system. Please remember that all documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language.
- The application to the PhD programme must be submitted to the department no later than two months after taking up the position.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is October 2, 2017.