Located in Tempe, Arizona, University Advancing Technology is a small, private university that focuses on educating students in advancing technology and is one of only a few colleges in the U.S. that offers 100 percent STEM- based degrees at the undergraduate and graduate levels. The university is currently seeking international students looking to enroll in undergraduate and graduate programs.
- There is no application fee to apply to UAT
- Student must meet minimum English Proficiency requirements if not originating from an English-speaking country
- Transcripts, diplomas and/or certifications (official documents with English translation) ECE or WES evaluation may also be requested
|Student Level||Minimum GPA Requirements||Test Score Requirements||English Proficiency Requirements|
|SAT/ACT not required
|TOEFL Internet based 75
TOEFL Computer-based 213
TOEFL Paper 500
ELS Level 112
|GMAT/GRE not required
|TOEFL Internet-based 80
TOEFL Computer-based 213
TOEFL Paper 550
ELS Level 112
TUITION & FEES (2019-20)
|Student Level||Tuition & Fees||Room Fees||Meal Plan Fees|
INTERNATIONAL academic programs
UAT offers renewable financial aids to eligible international students
Undergraduate up to $3,000
Graduate up to $1,500
Why University of Advancing Technology?
- Small class sizes provide one-to-one access to professors.
- Undergraduate programs offered in a variety of technology areas including; artificial intelligence, cyber security, game design, robotics, technology forensics and virtual reality.
- Graduate programs available in Advancing Computer Science, Game Production & Management, Cyber Security and Technology Leadership.
- A technology focused campus where classes and social structures are all concentrated around advancing technology.
- State-of-the-art facilities include the latest classroom technology and advanced laboratories.
- A campus designed using the principles of Feng Shui to create a sense of balance and harmony while fostering productivity.
- On campus career-fairs.
- UAT alumni have worked for leading technology organizations such as Microsoft, National Security Administration (NSA), NASDAQ, Department of Defense, Lexis Nexis, Go Daddy, Disney, Intel and Motorola, to name a few.
More Than Just Technology Courses
Students have access to tools, labs and studios used in the industry to develop, test, build and create projects —high-tech tools include: brainwave-controlled Emotiv Headset, 3D scanner, laser cutter and 3D printers that copy and build three dimensional models. Over 100 computers with additional specialty workstations are located throughout the campus.
UAT is located in Tempe, Arizona, a vibrant urban oasis in the heart of Metropolitan Phoenix. Refreshingly offbeat, this college town, hosts festivals, welcomes outdoor activities and is the proud home of UAT.
Arizona ranks 14th in the U.S. for international students studying in the state and is known as the Grand Canyon state. With its warm year-round climate, there’s always an opportunity to enjoy outdoor activities. Tempe is known for hosting year-round events and is home to one of the longest-standing arts festivals in the state, while the nearby Tempe Town Lake is a hub of activity all year long. From 5K community walks to large-scale triathlons, concerts and festivals, the lake is the site of daily water recreation.
On-campus events are constant and serve the purposes of mixing the technology degree student population and influencing cross subject collaboration and lifelong friendships. Some of the more interesting events include: Academic Palooza, AVNET Tech Games, LAN parties, Geek Week, Live Action Games, Oktoberfest, and Guitar Hero Tournaments.
UAT supports a multitude of clubs and campus activities and students also have the opportunity to start any club. A total of 30-plus clubs and organizations which include Anime & Manga Club, Social Gaming Club, Fencing Club, Nerf Warz, KJ Dance, Improv Club and more.
Students live in Founder’s Hall which has full wireless coverage. There’s plenty of community space for students to relax and a fitness center for workouts. There’s even a laundry facility that’s connected to the internet for students to see if machines are available.
A range of Residence Life activities keep the experience new and interesting. Team-building activities engage residents in programs that help them get to know their roommates, neighbors and peers and teach them necessary life skills.
Accreditation & Rankings
The University of Advancing Technology is accredited the Higher Learning Commission a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. UAT is also designated as a Center of Academic Excellence by the National Centers of Information Assurance Education (CAE/IAE) sponsored by the U.S. National Security Agency and the Homeland Security Department.
UAT was ranked a Top Undergraduate Game Design Program in 2012 by The Princeton Review.