The University of Alberta is offering doctoral scholarship at the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research. This scholarship is open to both Canadian and international students for winter 2017 intake.
The purpose of this scholarship is to recruit superior students at the doctoral level who have the potential to contribute to the University of Alberta’s community and research.
The University of Alberta is a public research university located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. It was founded in 1908 by Alexander Cameron Rutherford, the first premier of Alberta, and Henry Marshall Tory, its first president. Its enabling legislation is the Post-secondary Learning Act.
English is the primary language of instruction and communication at UAlberta. All applicants must be proficient in English prior to admission.
- Application Deadline: November 1, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing a full-time doctoral degree program.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is available for pursuing a full-time doctoral degree program.
- Scholarship Award:Scholarships will be offered in increments of $5,000. The department may decide how many increments of $5,000 to offer a student. The award value varies and is indicated in your original letter of offer.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Nationality: Canadian and international students
- Scholarship can be taken inCanada
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Canadian and international students can apply for this scholarship.
- Entrance Requirements: The scholarship will be awarded to students who:
• Are Canadian citizens, permanent residents or international students
• Are admitted to a doctoral graduate degree program by the department or transferred from Master’s to a doctoral degree program
• Will be registered full-time in a doctoral degree program
• Have an admission GPA of at least 3.5
Departments might have additional selection criteria;
- English Language Requirements: English is the primary language of instruction and communication at UAlberta. All applicants must be proficient in English prior to admission.
How to Apply: Nomination consists of a completed Nomination Form which must be sent via e-mail. Supporting documents may include the following:
- Academic documents (transcripts, degree certificates)
- English Language Proficiency scores such as IELTS, Pearson, TOEFL, etc. (if applicable)
- Additional departmental requirements such as:
CV, statement of intent, and writing samples
GRE, GMAT, or other test scores.
Reference letters (Supply names and email addresses of their references in the online application.)