The University of Alberta is offering a doctoral scholarship at the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research. This program is open to both Canadian and international students for winter 2021 intake.
The purpose of this is to recruit superior holders at the doctoral level who have the potential to contribute to the University of Alberta’s community and research.
The University of Alberta is a public research university located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. It was founded in 1908 by Alexander Cameron Rutherford, the first premier of Alberta, and Henry Marshall Tory, its first president. Its enabling legislation is the Post-secondary Learning Act.
- For students with a May 1, 2021 start date, the deadline is May 14, 2021.
- For students with a July 1, 2021 start date, the deadline is May 31, 2021.
- For students with a September 1, 2021 start date, the deadline is July 12, 2021.
- For students with a January 1, 2022 start date, the deadline is November 15, 2021.
- Canadian and international learners can apply for this application .
- This is available for pursuing a full-time doctoral degree program.
- Are Canadian citizens, permanent residents or international students
- Are admitted to a doctoral graduate degree program by the department or transferred from
- Master’s to a doctoral degree program
- Will be registered full-time in a doctoral degree program
- Have an admission GPA of at least 3.5 The study will be awarded to students who:
- Departments might have additional selection criteria;
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Nomination consists of a completed Nomination Form which must be sent via e-mail.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, holders must be ready to submit the Reference letters, CV, statement of intent, and writing samples, GRE, GMAT, or other test scores.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program applicants must have a previous degree.
- Language Requirement: English is the primary language of instruction and communication at UAlberta. All applicants must be proficient in English prior to admission.
Awards will be offered in increments of $5,000. The department may decide how many increments of $5,000 to offer a candidate. The award value varies and is indicated in your original letter of offer.