The University of Botswana is calling applications for scholarships for MPhil and PhD in the Faculty of Health Sciences to learn Master of Philosophy and Doctor of Philosophy. This scholarship is available to international students but preference will be given to citizens of Botswana.
The vision of the university is to be a leading centre of academic excellence in Africa and the world. The mission is to improve economic and social conditions for the Nation while advancing itself as a distinctively African university with a regional and international outlook.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Application Deadline: May 31, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue master and doctoral degree programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to learn Master of Philosophy and Doctor of Philosophy in the Faculty of Health Sciences.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover tuition, costs of field research including equipment, and a monthly stipend to cover living expenses including accommodation.
- Nationality: Available to international students but preference will be given to citizens of Botswana.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Botswana
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Available to International students but preference will be given to citizens of Botswana.
Entrance Requirements: Only candidates whose academic achievements meet the following University of Botswana General Requirements are eligible to apply:
Admission into the Master of Philosophy Degree Programme
(i) Applicants must have obtained a single major or Honors Bachelor’s degree with a First or Upper Second Class (overall A or B average; GPA of 3.5 on 5 points scale) from a recognized University or equivalent Institution of Higher Education or a Master’s degree.
(ii) Applicants who have obtained an appropriate combined major degree with a First or Second (Overall A or B average) may be considered provided that at least an Upper Second Class performance B average) is achieved in the intended field of study.
(iii) A degree in the health sciences (nursing, medicine, medical laboratory sciences etc.) will be an added advantage
(iv) Preference will be given to candidates:
- In possession of a degree in health sciences (nursing, medicine, medical laboratory sciences etc.)
- who are citizens of Botswana
Admission into the Doctor of Philosophy Degree Programme
Applicants who have obtained an appropriate master’s degree (MSc, MA, Med, MPhil or equivalent) with coursework and research are eligible to apply.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Cover letter of application which should indicate the motivation for application for MPhil/PhD in this field and provide any other information that will assist in determining the suitability for the scholarship. Provide the concept paper, current C.V. (including telephone and e-mail), certified true copies of educational certificates, transcripts and names and addresses of three referees. Send your applications to the University of Botswana, TIBA Principal Investigator, School of Nursing, and Faculty of Health Sciences.
Applicants should inform their referees to submit their references directly to the above address, before the stipulated closing date.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted