University of Tsukuba offers a range of different scholarship programmes for international students to help cover tuition fees or living costs for fall 2017 intake. Students from developing countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship. Applicants must be applying for 18-month master’s program in the field of Economic Policy or Public Policy at the University of Tsukuba.
In 2015 the PEPPM was restarted and restructured. The Master’s Program in Economic and Public Policy (PEPP), now receives new students every year in October for an 18-month Master’s program.
Course Level: master’s degree.
Study Subject: Economics Course, leading to the degree of Master of Arts in Economics and Public Policy Course leading to the degree of Master of Public Policy
Scholarship covers: The University of Tsukuba Masters Scholarships Program benefits cover:
- Round trip air travel (economy class) between home country and Japan, plus a travel allowance of US$ 500 for each one-way trip
- Full tuition and fees
- A monthly living stipend
- National health insurance
- Other program expenses such as Japanese lessons, educational trips, internship etc.
University of Tsukuba offers a range of different University of Tsukuba Masters Scholarships Program for international students to help cover tuition fees or living costs for fall 2016 intake. Students from developing countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship.Applicants must be applying for 18-month master’s program in the field of Economic Policy or Public Policy at the University of Tsukuba.
To apply to JJ/WBGSP ( University of Tsukuba Masters Scholarships Program ) , applicant must:
- Be a national of a World Bank (WB) member country that is eligible to receive WB financing eligible developing country and not be a national of any country that is not eligible to receive the WB financing.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic achievement earned more than three (3) years before June 3rd 2017.
- Not have received any scholarship funding to earn a Graduate degree or its equivalent from any sources funded by the government of Japan
- Be employed in a paid and full time position at the time of Friday, June 3rd 2016 unless the applicant is from a country identified in the WB’s “Harmonized List of Fragile Situations.”
- Have, by the time of Friday, June 3rd 2017, at least three (3) years of recent full time paid professional experience acquired in development-related work after a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in the applicant’s home country or in another developing country; If the applicant is from a country identified in the WB’s “Harmonized List of Fragile Situations” at the time of Friday, June 3rd 2016, the recent professional experience does not have to be full time or paid.
- Be under the age of forty-five 45 by June 3rd, 2017.
- Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, staff of the World Bank Group (the World Bank, International Development Association, International Finance Corporation, Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency, and International Center for Settlement of Investment Disputes), or a close relative of the aforementioned
- Admitted to the University unconditionally only upon securing financing.
To apply to ADB-JSP ( University of Tsukuba Masters Scholarships Program ) , applicant must:
- Be a national of an Asian Development Bank (ADB) borrowing member.
- Gain admission to an approved MA/PhD course at an academic institution.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic record.
- At least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application. Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
- Be not more than 35 years of age at the time of application.
- Agree to return to his/her home country after completion of studies under the Program.
- Not be Executive Director, Alternate Director, management and staff of ADB, consultant, or relative of the aforementioned.
- Not be a staff of the JSP designated institutions are not eligible to apply to their own institution.
? Entrance Requirement: Student must hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic record.
? English Language Requirement: To demonstrate English proficiency and verbal and quantitative skills; the test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) administered through the Educational Testing Service (ETS) are required. A TOEFL score of 600 or TOEFL iBT score of 100, or higher is preferred for admission. (“9995” is the TOEFL & GRE institution code number for the University of Tsukuba.)
How to apply:
- Check if you meet all application requirements above.
- To complete application process efficiently and successfully, you must read the Application Instructions carefully before/during application process. FAQ may be of assistance to you.
- Go to our Online Application Systemto start application process.
Application deadline: Feb 29