The University of Western Australia is offering Warren Jones/UWA Postgraduate Research Scholarship. The scholarship is available for domestic and international students. The scholarship may be awarded as a full scholarship or a top up ($10,000 pa), both with a $5,000 travel allowance and $2,000 per annum maintenance allowance.
The purpose of the scholarship is to encourage high-calibre medical or science graduates to undertake PhD medical research which has a direct relevance to the health of the greater Fremantle community
The research may be supervised and undertaken at Fremantle Hospital or alternative locations, as approved by the Foundation and the University. Available in the 2019 round for Domestic applicants and UWA International Graduates
- Application Deadline: October 31, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to study postgraduate
- Study Subject: Scholarships are available
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship may be awarded as a full scholarship or a top up ($10,000 pa), both with a $5,000 travel allowance and $2,000 per annum maintenance allowance.
- Nationality: Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen
- Number of scholarship: Number not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen
- Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be eligible to enrol in a PhD in a school attached to the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences at the University; be intending to undertake medical research which has a direct relevance to the health of the Greater Fremantle community; and intend to conduct the proposed research primarily at Fremantle Hospital or propose alternative supervision and location for the research for consideration by the Foundation and the University. Please click on Further Information links for conditions and application information.
- English Language Requirements: if you are from a majority you may not be required to provide further proof of your English Language proficiency
- How to Apply: Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships, University Postgraduate Awards (UPAs) and other UWA postgraduate research scholarships are awarded by the Higher Degree by Research Scholarships Committee to eligible applicants after a competitive selection process on the basis of –
- academic achievement as evidenced by their academic record; and
- Research potential based on academic referee reports, relevant research experience and publications, if applicable. In the competitive selection process, priority may be given to students who are enrolling as internal students in an HDR for the first time, and student who have not:
- already completed a Research Doctorate or equivalent;
- already completed a Research Masters degree or equivalent, unless intending to undertaking a Research Doctorate;
- Previously held an Australian Postgraduate Award, Australian Postgraduate Award (Industry) or an Australian Government-funded Postgraduate Research Award (excluding an IPRS and International RTP) previously unless it was terminated within six months of the commencement of benefits.
- Previously been awarded, or currently be in receipt of, a current scholarship stipend.