Victoria University of Wellington is offering an scholarship at School of Linguistics and Applied Language Studies. This scholarship is open to students of New Zealand.
The purpose of the scholarship is to assist students in undertaking the degree of BA(Hons) in Linguistics at Victoria University of Wellington.
Victoria University has a tradition of fostering strong global links in teaching and research and programmes of national significance and international quality.
Victoria’s English language requirements are strict and not negotiable. If student’s first language is not English, they must provide evidence of English proficiency before they will be accepted as a PhD candidate.
- Application Deadline: November 30, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing the degree of BA(Hons) or MA by coursework in Linguistics.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the area of linguistics.
- Scholarship Award: Scholarship covers the tuition fees up to a maximum of $5,000.
- Number of Scholarships: One scholarship is available.
- Nationality: Students of New Zealand can apply for this Linguistics scholarship.
- Scholarship can be taken in New Zealand
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Students of New Zealand can apply for this Linguistics scholarship.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following guidelines:
- The scholarship shall be known as the Linguistics Honours Scholarship.
- The scholarship is open to all students who will, in the year following that of the application, be enrolled full-time in the degree of BA(Hons) in Linguistics.
- The scholarship shall be awarded on the basis of academic merit. The minimum level of academic achievement expected of successful applicants is a grade average of at least A- in 40 points at 300 level in the subject to be pursued at Honours.
- The scholarship may not be held in conjunction with a Victoria Graduate Award.
- The scholarship recipient shall be selected by a panel consisting of the Head of the School of Linguistics and Applied Language Studies, selected senior colleagues from the School, and a representative of the University Scholarships Committee.
- The offer of a scholarship shall lapse if the awardee has not in writing notified the Scholarships Office of their acceptance of the scholarship within four weeks of receipt of the official offer of the scholarship.
- At the discretion of the Selection Panel, the application of the terms and conditions of the scholarship may be modified or relaxed in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the scholarship.
How to Apply: Applications can be sent via e-mail or by post. To complete enrolment, applicant may need to provide documentation like proof of identity and academic record.