The new #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship is available on offer for incoming international students for fall 2019.
This new scholarship program will provide financial support for incoming international students who are committed to furthering the #YouAreWelcomeHere message through the intercultural exchange that bridges divide at their future campuses and beyond.
#YouAreWelcomeHere is a welcome message from U.S. higher education to international students around the world. It is a campaign designed to affirm that our institutions are diverse, friendly, safe and committed to student development.
- Applications Deadline: December 15, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to selected international undergraduates dedicated to furthering the #YouAreWelcomeHere message by bridging intercultural divides.
- Study Subject: The scholarship is open to students of all academic majors and fields of study.
- Scholarship Award: Participating institutions will award annual, renewable scholarships covering a minimum of 50% tuition.
- Nationality: This scholarship is available for international students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA has joined with eight other U.S. colleges and universities—Concordia College (Minnesota), Eastern Michigan University, James Madison University (Virginia), University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, Purdue University Northwest (Indiana), Seattle University (Washington), Shoreline Community College (Washington) and Western New England University (Massachusetts).
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: This scholarship is available for international students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- First-year international applicants of any major to a participating college or university.International applicants are individuals who hold citizenship in a country outside the U.S. who don’t also possess U.S. citizenship or permanent residency.
- Graduation from or attendance at a secondary school outside the U.S.
- Demonstrated interest and initiative in promoting intercultural learning and exchange.
- Applicants who meet the admission criteria and adhere to the deadlines at each selected college or university. These factors will vary from school to school.
- Completion of a scholarship application and a 500-1000 word essay or a two-to-five minute video describing their aspirations to conduct projects, research, employment or other experiences that will advance intercultural learning.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: 1. Apply for admission to participating colleges/universities of your choice. Please note that admissions processes vary from institution to institution.
- Submit the one-page #YouAreWelcomeHere application to your chosen colleges/universities by December 15, 2018.
- If awarded a scholarship, claim it by submitting a tuition deposit to your chosen college/university by May 1. Note: The scholarship application process may vary slightly by college/university. Please contact your chosen colleges/universities for additional details.