Humboldt-University is offering five doctoral scholarships in Germany. Applicants from Arabic countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
The main objective of the university is to provide high quality, comprehensive educational and training opportunities that are compatible to changing needs of the students.
In the current rankings, the Humboldt University is Berlin (HU) top positions. The Humboldt University of Berlin is one since 15 June 2012 on the eleven universities of excellence in Germany. In international comparisons, the University achieved top rankings among the top ten German universities.
Applicants should have very good written and spoken English as well as good German communications skills are required.
- Application Deadline: July 15, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are for pursuing Doctoral programme at Humboldt University of Berlin.
- Study Subject: With support of the Yousef Jameel Scholarship Fund Humboldt-University will annually award five scholarships to doctoral candidates in the natural science fields of Informatics/ Computer Science, Mathematics, Biology/ Biomedicine, Chemistry, Physics, Geography and Agricultural Science. This year will be a special Focus on: Sustainable/ecologic (Desert) Agriculture (including: PGPR – Plant Growth Promoting Rhizobacteria – & Mycorrhizae, Irrigation Technology, Reduction of Water consumption Micronutrients); Plant based Medicine/Pharmacy; Renewable & sustainable Energy Production.
- Scholarship Award: The stipend awarded is in the amount of 1350 Euros per month, plus materials expenses.
- Number of Scholarships: Five scholarships are available.
- Nationality: Arabic countries (Egypt, Algeria, Iraq, Sudan, Morocco, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Jordan, Libya, Palestine, Lebanon, Oman, Kuwait, Mauritania, Qatar, Bahrain, Djibouti and Comoros), Malaysia and Indonesia
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from countries can apply:
List of countries: Arabic countries (Egypt, Algeria, Iraq, Sudan, Morocco, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Jordan, Libya, Palestine, Lebanon, Oman, Kuwait, Mauritania, Qatar, Bahrain, Djibouti and Comoros), Malaysia and Indonesia.
- Entrance Requirements: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for this scholarship:
- Applicants must possess an academic degree and fulfill the requirements necessary for admission to a doctoral programme at the appropriate Humboldt-University faculty.
- The applicant must obtain admission to a doctoral programme (Promotionszulassung) before the scholarship’s starting date.
- Very good written and spoken English as well as good German communications skills are required.
- Applications will only be considered from students of Arab countries and Turkey who credibly demonstrate their intent to return.
- To increase the proportion of women at the university, applications from qualified women are particularly encouraged. Disabled persons will receive preference, assuming equal qualifications.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants should have very good written and spoken English as well as good German communications skills are required.
How to Apply: Applications should be sent via post and also by e-mail.
Applicants should send these documents :
- A cover letter detailing the intended field of study of the doctoral program, as well as the motivation of the applicant;
- A CV and list of publications, if applicable;
- An Exposé including a detailed work plan for the three-year scholarship period (maximum ten pages);
- Copies of academic records and references from previous employers, with certified German translations if necessary;
- An evaluation from the applicant’s Ph.D. supervisor of the Humboldt-University.