Applications are invited for one-year postdoctoral fellowships related to Israel Studies that will begin in the fall of each academic year. One or two fellowships may be provided each year, depending upon funding availability.
The aim of the fellowships is to increase the capacity and level of research.
The Younes & Soraya Nazarian Center for Israel Studies promotes the study of the history, culture and society of Israel as a modern Jewish and democratic state.
- Application deadline: The application for 2018-19 postdoctoral positions will open on December 1, 2017. Completed applications including all the required materials should be submitted no later than March 7, 2018. Decisions will be announced on April 6, 2018.
- Course Level: These fellowships are available to pursue postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: These fellowships are awarded in the field of Israel Studies.
- Scholarship Award: This is a paid position with health coverage provided. Office space and access to a computer, the UC library system, and other facilities available to members of the UCLA community will also be provided. UCLA is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. UCLA values diversity among its students, staff and faculty, and strongly encourages applications from women and underrepresented minorities.
- Nationality: International
- Number of Scholarships: One or two fellowships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet following criteria:
- Applicants must have a PhD degree from an accredited university
- The Center welcomes applications from students in a wide range of disciplines, including, but not limited to history, political science, economics, sociology, literature, visual and performing arts, management, engineering, law, public health, environment and sustainability.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must have sufficient knowledge of the language of instruction of the host university.
- Materials required completing the electronic application.
How to Apply:
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Brief abstract of planned research activities at UCLA (150 words)
- Proposed Research Project Title
- Research Project Description (up to 1,500 words)
- Article Length Writing Sample
- The sample can be a published article, chapter, recent scholarly paper, etc.
- Letters of Reference (3)
- One letter of reference should be from a UCLA faculty member expressing interest in serving as your postdoctoral research adviser. If this research adviser is not affiliated with the Y&S Nazarian Center, you will be assigned a mentor who is a Center-affiliated faculty member if your application is accepted.
- Applicants must provide the names and contact information of the references in the online application; once the application has been submitted, the references will receive automated emails from the system, instructing them where and how to upload their letters of reference. Applicants should therefore ensure that they submit the application well in advance of the advertised deadline.