The Stanford University is delighted to offer Zahedi Family Research Fellowship programme. The fellowship is exclusively open for the applicants from Iran.
The aim of the fellowship is to strengthen the bond between UK and Iran.
Stanford University is a private research university in Stanford, California. Stanford’s undergraduate program is the most selective in America.
Course Level: The fellowship is available to pursue research programme.
Study Subject: The fellowship is awarded in Iranian Studies.
Scholarship Award: The fellowship will cover the following:
- The fellowship funds international travel, health insurance, and visa support, in addition to a $10,000 stipend for living expenses. In addition to library access, the fellow will have use of a shared workspace at the Hoover Archives where the Zahedi Collection is housed.
Number of Scholarships: Numbers of scholarships are not given.
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The fellowship is open to scholars and artists working on the modern history of Iran, particularly the period of 1941 to 1979. Preference will be given to scholars who have worked on aspects of modern Iranian foreign policy, history, and culture. Fluency in Persian is required. Graduate degree or equivalent experience is required.
Nationality: Applicants of Iran are eligible for the fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have Graduate degree or equivalent experience .
English Language Requirement: Fluency in Persian is required.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply through the online processor.
- Zahedi Fellowship application form
- A letter of application/research proposal
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A writing sample (book chapter or article length, in English or Persian)
- A short proposal for a public lecture/workshop to be held at Stanford (can be related to research proposal)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- All materials listed above (with the exception of the letters of recommendation) should be submitted as attachments to the online application form.
- Letters of recommendation should be sent assigned PDF documents to: iranianstudies-at-stanford.edu
Application Deadline: The application deadline is October 20, 2017.