2013 Australian Indigenous Education Foundation offers Scholarships in the field of Engineering, Science and Mining in Australia
Study Subject(s):The Scholarships are available for Engineering or other eligible mining-related degrees.
Course Level:Be enrolled full time to study an eligible degree at an Australian university or have selected an eligible degree as a first preference
Scholarship Provider:Australian Indigenous Education Foundation (AIEF) in partnership with BHP Billiton Iron Ore (BHPBIO)
Scholarship can be taken at:Australia
– Be an Australian resident.
– Be of Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent and be able to provide supporting evidence of your Indigenous identity.
– Be enrolled full time to study an eligible degree at an Australian university or have selected an eligible degree as a first preference.
– Be accepted into a residential college.
– Demonstrate strong academic achievement and potential
– Not be in receipt of any other scholarship, cadetship or similar support unless agreed by AIEF.
– Be willing to go through police clearance and other checks as required by BHPBIO.
– Be enthusiastic about a career in the mining industry.
– Be willing to accept a role on the BHPBIO vacation and graduate programs in Perth or the Pilbara, Western Australia.
Scholarship Open for International Students:Australian citizens can apply for this scholarship.
Scholarship Description: AIEF in partnership with BHP Billiton Iron Ore (BHPBIO) is looking for the most outstanding, talented and motivated Indigenous students who are interested in successfully completing a degree in Engineering or other eligible mining-related disciplines and then working for BHPBIO and becoming leaders in the business. This is a unique and highly attractive opportunity to learn from experts, develop a global network of colleagues, attend world class training, and build exceptional skills and expertise.
Number of awards offered:AIEF will offer up to 10 Scholarships in 2013.
What does it cover?- Payment of residential accommodation, meals and other expenses at a university residential college of your choice, up to a maximum of $20 000 per annum paid directly to the college.
– An annual stipend of up to $2000 per annum for text books and other materials, or other education related expenses such as field trips to be paid to the college at the beginning of the academic year for distribution to you.
- A living allowance of up to $6000 per annum, paid directly to you be the college in fortnightly instalments.
– An allowance of up to $2000 per annum for compulsory fees.
Selection criteria:- Have strong academic performance, maintaining at least a credit average.
– Remain enrolled full time in the degree program for which you were awarded the Scholarship.
How to Apply:The mode of applying is by post.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Do submit your applications till 30 November 2012.