The Lakshmi Mittal South Asia Institute, Harvard University is pleased to offer the Arvind Raghunathan and Sribala Subramanian South Asia Visiting Fellowship. The fellowship supports recent PhDs in the humanities and social sciences related to South Asia.
The Lakshmi Mittal South Asia Institute at Harvard University engages faculty and students through interdisciplinary programs to advance and deepen the teaching and research on global issues relevant to South Asia.
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Application Deadline: March 6, 2018
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: Research topics can cover any period of South Asian history or contemporary South Asia.
Scholarship Award: Total stipend for one academic year: $40,000. Health insurance up to $5,000 and round trip economy travel expenses from South Asia to Boston will also be provided (for participants residing in South Asia only).
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: Candidates must be able to provide evidence of successful completion of their PhD by June of the year of appointment, and must have received their PhD within the past five years. Scholars who have not had past opportunities to access Harvard’s resources and who have primarily been educated at institutions in South Asia will be prioritized.
English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
How to Apply:
- Visit and fill out the Online Application Form.
- Fill out and upload the SAI Fellowship Cover Sheet to the Online Application Form.
- Upload a five-page, double-spaced research plan to the Online Application Form.
- Upload an updated curriculum vitae, which lists your academic degrees (including disciplines and the dates the degrees were received), your publications and research presentations, and any previous grants and/or fellowships to the Online Application Form.
- Upload a writing sample (i.e. one dissertation chapter) to the Online Application Form.
- Two letters of recommendation should be emailed directly by recommenders to Jee Soo Kang, Program Coordinator by the deadline, with “SAI South Asia Visiting Fellowships Recommendation” and the applicant’s name in the subject line.