The Department of River Ecology and Conservation at Senckenberg (Gelnhausen) in cooperation with the Faculty of Biology at the University of Duisburg-Essen is inviting applications for PhD Scholarship Funding (Stream Ecology) in Germany. International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
The Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung (SGN) is a member of the Leibniz Association and is based in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. SGN conducts natural history research with almost 800 employees and research institutions in seven federal states. SGN also assists the UNESCO World Heritage Site „Grube Messel“.
User Review( votes)
- Application Deadline: February 21, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded within the Faculty of Biology.
- Scholarship Award: What is awaiting you?
- A scholarship funding (1.200,- €/month plus a subsidy for the material costs) available for 3 years, starting July 1st, 2018
- The possibility to achieve a doctoral degree at the University of Duisburg-Essen
- An interesting task in an internationally renowned research institution
- The opportunity to cooperate with related research projects
- The opportunity to gain experience in the abovementioned research topics
- The occasion to build a network with scientists in interdisciplinary fields.
- Nationality: International students
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Master degree in Stream Ecology or a related field
- Solid background in Freshwater (Macro-) Ecology and Zoology (preferably benthic invertebrates)
- Advanced skills in the analysis of (large) ecological datasets
- Very good written and oral communication skills
English Language Requirements: Very good written and oral communication skills.
How to Apply: Please send your application until February 21st, 2018 by e-mail (attachment in a single pdf file), mentioning the reference of this position (ref. #04-18001) and including a letter outlining your suitability and motivation, detailed CV, all transcripts and grades, contact details of two potential references, a summary of your Master’s or Diploma thesis and, if available, a list of publications to the address below:
Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung
60325 Frankfurt am Main