Best Buy Scholarship provides critical support to the success of students. Due to the generous support of Best Buy Foundation students will receive million in scholarships.
Best Buy Scholarship is awarded to students from grades 9-12 living in the U.S. or Puerto Rico to study full-time undergraduate degree courses after high school graduation. The application for Best Buy Scholarship 2014 will be available again late December 2013.
Best Buy Scholarship Description:
Best Buy Children’s Foundation is awarding up to $1.2 million in scholarships to recognize and reward students who have made extraordinary contributions both inside and outside of the classroom.
Best Buy Scholarship Program is administered by Scholarship Management Services, a division of Scholarship America. Scholarship Management Services is the nation’s largest designer and manager of scholarship and tuition reimbursement programs for corporations, foundations, associations and individuals.
Up to 1,200 students will each receive a $1,000 scholarship. If you’re a 9-12 grade student who plans to attend post-secondary education, have solid grades and are involved in community service or work experience, we encourage you to apply! (Note: Previous winners are ineligible to apply.)
Best Buy Scholarship 2014 Deadline
Application deadline for 2014 Best Buy Scholarship Program will be available in December 2013.
Important – Please do not wait for last days to apply for this scholarship. Their website experiences heavy traffic around deadline of the program No late applications will be accepted. Scholarship winners will be announced on this website . You must check back to website at that time.
Best Buy Scholarship Eligibility
- Be students currently in grades 9-12 living in the United States or Puerto Rico. Students from public, private, alternate, or home schools are eligible to apply. Students attending school on a military base using an APO address are not eligible.
- Have a minimum cumulative high school grade point average of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale), or equivalent.
- Demonstrate commitment to and involvement in community volunteer service or work experience.
- Be planning to enter a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited two- or four-year college, university, vocational-technical school, or online school/program in the United States or Puerto Rico following high school graduation. Applicants who are current High School Seniors must enroll no later than fall 2013. Applicants who are in grades 9-11 must plan to enroll no later than the fall term following high school graduation.
- Have never been selected as a Best Buy Scholarship recipient.
Scholarship Award Criteria
- Selection of recipients will be based on solid academic performance and exemplary community volunteer service or work experience. Consideration may also be given to participation and leadership in school activities. Financial need is not considered.
- Awards are for undergraduate study only and are awarded without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender or disability.
- The authorized distribution for awards will not exceed $1.2 million. Up to 1,200 scholarships of $1,000 each will be granted.
- Awards are one-time only and are not renewable. Previous recipients may not reapply for another award.
About Best Buy and Best Buy Children’s Foundation
Best Buy Children’s Foundation grants scholarships to students who excel inside and outside of the classroom. The program provides up to 1,200 scholarships to high school students who will enter an accredited U.S. or Puerto Rico university, college, or vocational-technical school in the fall after their senior year. Recipients are selected based on academic achievement, community service and work experience.
How are Best Buy scholarship recipients selected?
Scholarship recipients are selected based on academic achievement, volunteerism efforts and work experience.
Are Best Buy Scholarships renewable?
No. Scholarships are for one year of college study only and cannot be renewed for additional years.
Best Buy Scholarship How to Apply
Click here to be directed to the application. Please be sure to read over the application and Frequently Asked Questions.
Best Buy Scholarship winners
Best Buy Scholarship Video
On behalf of the many students, we would like to extend a special thank you to Best Buy Foundation Donors for providing this scholarship opportunity!