Applications are invited for Bilateral Educational Agreement (BEA) awards available for Nigerian students under the Federal Government scholarship scheme. Awards will be awarded for undergraduate and postgraduate program, ranges from 4- 9 years depending on the level of study and the country.
The general aim of Federal Government Scholarship Award Scheme is to assist Nigerian Students in tertiary institutions to pursue their studies to a successful end without much stress or suffering, encourage and reward excellence.
Bilateral Educational Agreement (BEA) Awards are scholarship awards made to eligible Nigerian youths after due process by development partners who have entered into Bilateral Educational agreement with Nigeria. These offers could be at the Undergraduate or Post Graduate or both levels as the case may be.
Course Level: Awards are for undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) studies.
Study Subject(s): Undergraduate level –medicine, paramedical, engineering, geology, agriculture, sciences, mathematics, languages, environmental sciences, sports, law, social sciences etc. Postgraduate level (master’s degree and PhD) in all fields.
Scholarship Award: BEA countries are responsible for the tuition and accommodation, while Nigeria government takes care of the following:
- $500 monthly for supplementation.
- $250 yearly for warm clothing.
- $200 yearly for Health Insurance.
- $500 yearly for medical scholars only.
- $1000 for PG research grant yearly were applicable.
- N100,000 – Take off for PG scholars were applicable.
- N60,000 – Take off for UG scholars were applicable.
Scholarship can be taken in Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Cuba, Morocco, Algeria, Romania, Ukraine, Turkey, Egypt, Japan, Serbia and Macedonia and Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia, China, Turkey, Japan, Serbia, Mexico, e.t.c.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Undergraduate Scholarship: All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificate, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics. Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2014 & 2015). Age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
- Postgraduate Scholarship: All applicants must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division. The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria. All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for PhD NOTE (For all Applicants):
- Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one-year foreign language of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction; and
- All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship must visit the website: www.stipendumhungaricum.hu.
Nationality: Nigerian students can apply for these BEA Awards.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Undergraduate Scholarship: All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificate, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
Postgraduate Scholarship: All applicants must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division
English language Requirements: Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one-year foreign language of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction.
How to apply:
All eligible applicants are to report for interview at the venues scheduled for their respective Zones of origin for proper identification. Two sets of the Printed Completed application forms are usually submitted at the various interview centres with the following attachments:
- Two sets of Photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonials of previous schools attended with the originals for sighting;
- One certificate is accepted i.e WAEC of May/June only; • Statement of results must be confirmed by WAEC and forwarded to the Director/Secretary, Federal Scholarship Board, Abuja;
- Two copies of Birth certificate
- State of Origin/LGA certificate duly signed, stamped and dated;
- Four (4) passport sized coloured photographs on white background;
- Academic transcripts and NYSC certificates will be required from applicants for Postgraduate Studies. NB: Candidates nominated and finally selected by the awarding BEA countries will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
- Photocopies of Authenticated academic certificates;
- Data page of current International passport, and
- Specified Medical Reports & Police clearance certificate.
Application Deadline: Application should be submitted before the interview. (To qualify for nomination and award, applicants must appear for the interview. Nomination interviews are conducted in Feb/March each year by the Federal Scholarship Board and Secretaries of States Scholarship Boards at designated centers in each of the six Geopolitical Zones of the country).