Applications are invited for Bilateral Educational Agreement (BEA) awards available for Nigerian students under the Federal Government scholarship scheme.
The general aim of the Federal Government Award Scheme is to assist Nigerian holders in tertiary institutions to pursue their studies to a successful end without much stress or suffering, encourage and reward excellence.
Excellent Scholarship Award for Nigerians.
User Review( vote)
Bilateral Educational Agreement (BEA) Awards made to eligible Nigerian youths after due process by development partners who have entered into Bilateral Educational agreement with Nigeria. These offers could be at the Undergraduate or Post Graduate or both levels as the case may be.
Application Deadline: Closed
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the study.
- All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificate, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics. Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2014 & 2015). Age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
- Undergraduate level –medicine, paramedical, engineering, geology, agriculture, sciences, mathematics, languages, environmental sciences, sports, law, social sciences, etc. Postgraduate level (master’s degree and PhD) in all fields.
- The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practise in Nigeria. All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for PhD NOTE (For all Applicants):
- Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one-year foreign language of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction; and
- Nigerian candidates can apply for these BEA Awards.
How to Apply
- How to apply: To participate, the applicants need to submit an online application form.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, holders must be ready to submit the Photocopies of Authenticated academic certificates; Data page of the current International passport, and Specified Medical Reports & Police clearance certificate, Academic transcripts and NYSC certificates, Two copies of Birth certificate, Two sets of Photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonials, Four (4) passport-sized coloured photographs on white background.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program applicants must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
- Language Requirement: Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one-year foreign language of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction.
BEA countries are responsible for the tuition and accommodation, while Nigeria government takes care of the following:
- $500 monthly for supplementation.
- $250 yearly for warm clothing.
- $200 yearly for Health Insurance.
- $500 yearly for medical scholars only.
- $1000 for PG research grant yearly were applicable.
- N100,000 – Take off for PG scholars were applicable.
- N60,000 – Take off for UG scholars were applicable.