The Colombian Doctoral Student Fulbright Program is open to the students of Colombian universities to conduct research in USA. The program grants a monthly stipend of US $ 1,300 during the research stay.
The aim of the scholarship is to support Colombian Students who want to pursue doctoral programmes in all areas of knowledge (except clinical areas of human and animal health).
The Fulbright Program is an American scholarship program of competitive, merit-based grants for international educational exchange for students, scholars, teachers, professionals, scientists and artists, founded by the United States Senator J. William Fulbright.
Course Level: The scholarship is available to pursue the doctoral programme.
Study Subject: The scholarship is awarded in all areas of knowledge (except clinical areas of human and animal health).
Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover the following:
- The program grants a monthly stipend of US $ 1,300 during the research stay (up to five (5) months for stays of one academic semester and up to ten (10) months for stays of one academic year).
- The program provides US $ 1,750 for college costs (installation fees, study materials and books, thesis expenses, private health insurance, etc.).
- The program offers one (1) the one-way ticket to the United States and back to Colombia, economy class.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- The candidate must demonstrate that he has a cumulative minimum average of 4.0 over 5.0 (Colombian scale) in his completed university studies (undergraduate and master’s degree).
- The candidate must attach his / her diplomas of undergraduate, specialization and/or masters. If the official certificate is electronic, the candidate must include the verification code.
- A copy of the citizenship card scanned on both sides, must be attached.
- A scanned copy of the biographical page of the valid passport must be attached.
- The candidate must present at least two (2) letters of recommendation, which may be academic or professional. Letters may be submitted in English or Spanish.
Nationality: Colombian applicants are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have an undergraduate and master’s degree.
English Language Requirements: The candidate for the scholarship must submit one of the following English exams:
- TOEFL iBT Overall score of 80
- TOEFL ITP Overall score of 567
- IELTS Academic Overall score of 6.5
- Applications of candidates with scores lower than the minimum required will not be taken into account.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online:
- Comply with the requirements and attach the required documents.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is October 4, 2017.