Applicants are invited for doctoral position in Astronomy and Astrophysics – Planet and galaxy formation. The position is open to students of all nationalities who, at the time of starting the PhD studies, have obtained a Masters degree in astronomy, physics or in other ways obtained the equivalent qualifications.
The aim of the position is to support international students who hold a Masters degree in astronomy, physics or in other ways obtained the equivalent qualifications.
Lund University is one of Europe’s oldest, largest and most prestigious universities, consistently ranking among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 42 000 students and 7 400 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
Application deadline: December 1,2017
Course Level: Position is available to pursue doctoral programme.
Study Subject: Position is awarded in the field of Astronomy and Astrophysics – Planet and galaxy formation.The doctoral students will work within the subjects: Planets (w. Anders Johansen): (1) the growth from dust to pebbles in protoplanetary discs, (2) the formation of terrestrial planets, super-Earths and giant planets by accretion of planetesimals and pebbles and (3) the chemical composition of planets. Galaxies (w. Oscar Agertz): (1) cosmological simulations of galaxy formation and evolution (2) the formation of stars and star clusters in galaxies across cosmic time (3) impact of feedback processes on galaxy formation.
Scholarship Award: Limit of tenure, four years according to HF 5 Kap 7§.
Nationality: International applicants are eligible to apply.
Number of Scholarships: One position is available.
Scholarship can be taken in Sweden
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International applicants are eligible to apply for the studentship.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a Masters degree in astronomy, physics or in other ways obtained the equivalent qualifications.
- English Language Requirements: Good knowledge of spoken and written English is required.
- Candidates should send a curriculum vitae (including a transcript of academic grades) and a brief statement of research interest.
- The application should also include the names, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of two persons who have agreed to serve as a reference for the applicant. Note that reference letters should not be sent to us in connection with the application; we will contact the reference persons when required.
How to Apply:
Applicants can apply via online: