The Data Science Institute (DSI) at Columbia University is inviting applications for the 2018 inaugural class of the DSI Post-Doctoral Fellows Program. US applicants are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
The Data Science Institute’s mission is 1. Advance the state of the art in data science 2. Transform all fields, professions, and sectors through the application of data science 3. Ensure the responsible use of data for the benefit of society
The Data Science Institute at Columbia University is a world-leading institution in research and education in the theory and practice of the emerging field of data science. Started in 2012, it is now a university-level institute representing over 250 affiliated faculties from 12 different schools across campus. Data science literally touches every corner of the university.
Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
Study Subject: This program is to produce next-generation leaders in data science. Fellows will carry out independent and novel research in an environment that fosters multi-disciplinary, collaborative research.
Scholarship Award: Appointments for the first class of DSI Fellows start July 1, 2018, with guaranteed funding for two years. In addition to a competitive salary package, DSI Fellows will also be provided with a research expenditure budget of that can be used for conference travel, computing equipment, and/or other research-related costs.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- For the DSI Post-Doctoral Fellows Program, we seek candidates who are recent Ph.D. graduates and have explicit interests in advancing and/or applying data science to other domains. Prior experience in data science is not required. We are especially looking for candidates with the courage and interest to learn a new field, be part of a select like-minded cohort of fellows, and along with Columbia University DSI members, and help define the field of data science for the long-term future. We encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and identities.
Nationality: US applicants are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
How to Apply: To apply, please submit the following materials to dsi-fellows-at-columbia.edu. Evaluation of applications by a review committee will start after December 1, 2017, and continue until the positions are filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible and preferably before December 1, 2017.
- A cover letter that explains your motivation for applying to this program and indicates your choice of mentors;
- A curriculum vitae (including a list of publications);
- A brief research statement that summarizes current research interests, past accomplishments, and future research goals. It should contain a short proposal for the research activities you plan to do as a DSI Fellow, including a schedule with milestones;
- Up to three representative research papers;
- Three letters of reference submitted directly by the recommenders to dsi-fellows-at-columbia.edu
- [Optional] A letter from a potential mentor indicating an interest in your candidacy and your proposed research activities, submitted directly to dsi-fellows-at-columbia.edu.
Application Deadline: Candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible and preferably before December 1, 2017.