Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) in partnership with the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India and the Centre for Media Studies (CMS) is looking for excellent Indian journalist for DST-SDC Media Fellowship. These fellowships are granted to work on the project of Climate Change Impacts and Adaptation in the Indian Himalayan Region.
The objective of the Fellowship is to facilitate a deeper understanding among journalists and enhance public awareness on issues related to climate change and sustainable mountain development.
Centre for Media Studies (CMS) is a multi-disciplinary development research and facilitative think-tank. It endeavours to work towards responsive, governance and equitable development through research, advocacy and capacity building in social development, environment, governance, communication and media issues.
Course Level: These fellowships are open to journalists working in print, electronic and digital media.
Study Subject: These fellowships are awarded in the field of journalism.
Scholarship Award: These fellowships will cover the followings:
- The value of the Fellowship, inclusive of honorarium, travel, research, insurance, and contingency grant is Rs. 60,000.
Numbers of Scholarships: Twelve fellowships are available.
Scholarship can be taken in India
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for these fellowships:
- Applicants should have at least five years of experience in journalism.
- Mid-career and senior journalists from print, electronic and digital media are eligible to apply.
- Applicants may or may not belong to the Himalayan region but should do his or her Fellowship work in the Himalayan region only.
- The candidates should have a demonstrated commitment to a career in journalism and should have covered environmental issues in the past.
- The Fellowship is only for individuals who are Indian citizens.
- More than one journalist from the same media house may apply.
- Journalists working in non-English media are welcome to apply but must indicate proficiency in English, as English is the working language of the Fellowship.
- Freelancers are eligible to apply provided they fulfil all other conditions
Nationality: Indians applicants can apply for these fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have at least five years of experience in journalism.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email.
- A 300-350 words proposal outlining story ideas and proposed plan for the field visit.
- Updated CV (containing information on relevant work experience, designations held, approximate number of stories published/broadcast, educational qualifications).
- An undertaking that, in the event of their selection, the applicant will produce a letter of support from their respective editor/competent authorities, indicating support during the Fellowship. The letter must also mention that they are on contract with an established, mainstream media outlet in India.
- Two recent examples of their work published in newspapers or on website or portals/broadcast.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 31, 2017.