CSIR-Institute of Genomics & Integrative Biology (IGIB) is inviting applicants from India to apply for CSIR-IGIB Fellowship. The fellowship is available for pursuing research program for the academic year 2018/19.
The institute aims to promote the research by giving financial support to the applicants in the field of Biology. The fellowship is awarded in the field of Biology.
Good opportunity for Masters’ degree students.
User Review( votes)
CSIR-Institute of Genomics & Integrative Biology (IGIB) is a premier Institute of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), engaged in research of national importance in the areas of genomics, molecular medicine, bioinformatics, proteomics, and environmental biotechnology.
University or Organization: CSIR-Institute of Genomics & Integrative Biology
Course Level: Masters’ degree
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
The program can be taken in New Delhi
Application Deadline: Check back next year.
Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- Masters’ degree (M.Sc/M.Tech/M.Pharm) with at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) in any branch of Life Sciences/Biotechnology/Chemistry/Physics/Mathematics/Computer Science or allied subjects with the special interest in Biology.
- Tech (in Biological Sciences or other branches with a special interest in Biology)/B.Pharm/B.E./MBBS candidates with at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) may also apply.
- In addition to this, all candidates should also have obtained at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) in their XII the standard board examination.
- Both the criteria are relaxed for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy) candidates to a minimum of 55% in the highest qualifying exam and at the XII the standard board examination.
- Candidates who are awaiting results for the highest qualifying examinations are allowed to appear, but their admission is subject to clearing all the eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
- Indian applicants can apply for this fellowship.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants can apply through online mode. CSIR-IGIB PhD 2018 Registration Form
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students must be ready to submit a digital passport photograph not more than 2MB in size, Details of your educational qualifications, a succinctly written research proposal,
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program applicants must have previous year degree.
The fellowship will cover the following:
- Sc/M.Tech/M.Pharm/B.Tech/B.Pharm/B.E/MBBS candidates should hold CSIR-UGC(JRF)/DBT(JRF)/ICMR- JRF/DST-INSPIRE or equivalent (fellowship certificate should be valid at least till July 13, 2017, in all cases).
- Fellowship conditions should allow them to work in CSIR Laboratories and under CSIR projects. B.Tech/B.Pharm/B.E students who fulfill the conditions for GATE-JRF fellowship.