Applications are invited for English Teacher Training & Research Award. These grants provide qualified TEFL teachers or professors with the opportunity to spend one year as academic advisors of the Fulbright English Teaching Assistants (ETA) program.
The purpose is to enhance the ETAs and LETs professional expertise through visits, observations, consultations and coordination.
The Foundation for Scholarly Exchange (Fulbright Taiwan) is one of the 50+ bi-national/bilateral organizations in the world established specifically to administer the Fulbright educational exchange program outside the U.S.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Course Level: These grants are available to spend one year as academic advisors of the Fulbright English Teaching Assistants (ETA) program.
Study Subject: Grants are awarded in the field of teaching.
Scholarship Award: Full Grant (up to 3 awards)
- Monthly stipend of NT$60,000 – NT$80,000 (Depends upon the degree and qualifications of the grantee)
- A Round-trip airfare between Taiwan and US.
- National Health Insurance
- Travel reimbursement for the transportation costs incurred in travelling between locations; Hotel reimbursement up to NT$2500 per night due to business travel between locations.
Number of Scholarships: Up to 3 awards are available.
Scholarship can be taken in the USA and Taiwan
- Applicants with a Master’s degree and TEFL teaching experience are eligible who:
- Currently, teach or conduct research in TEFL in an institution in Taiwan or other English speaking countries.
- Hold official citizenship from Taiwan or from a native English speaking country.
- Are a native English speaker or are fluent in English
- Applicants with a PhD degree, who hold official citizenship from Taiwan or are from a native English speaking country, are eligible who:
- Have been in a relevant field of English teaching experiences for more than 2 years or
- Have held the rank of assistant professor (or its equivalent) or higher for at least two years, and are affiliated with a university or research institution in Taiwan or other English speaking countries.
While a background in Mandarin is useful, it is not necessary for the position.
Nationality: Citizens from Taiwan are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have TEFL teaching experience.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit the following required documents to the Foundation of Scholarly Exchange, postmarked no later than February 26, 2018:
- A purpose of statement in English for teacher training & research
- English CV (with your cell phone number or easy-to-be contacted number) and email address.
- 2 English or Chinese recommendation letters
- Academic transcripts and degree certification
- Copy of R.O.C. ID card or the copy of passport of other English speaking countries
Application Deadline: The application deadline is February 26, 2018.