EurekAlert is inviting applications for its Fellowships for international science reporters. The fellowships are available for applicants from China, India, or the Balkan region.
The aim of the fellowships is support excellence in science communication globally, with a focus on developing regions and emerging economies.
User Review( votes)
The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) launched EurekAlert! the website, a paid distribution service for press releases focusing on all areas of science, medicine and technology. Eurekalert! provides news in English, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Japanese. In 2007 EurekAlert! Chinese was launched.
Course Level: Fellowships are available for international science reporters or early-career science journalists.
Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded to cover the latest research and network with peers from around the world at the AAAS Annual Meeting.
Award: Fellowships will cover the following:
- The AAAS-operated science-news service, the EurekAlert! Fellowships for International Science Reporters provide early-career science, technology, and health journalists opportunities to cover the latest research and network with peers from around the world at the AAAS Annual Meeting.
Number of Awards: In the 14 years since the program’s inception, 62 Fellowships have been awarded.
The award can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity :
- Early-career science journalists are invited to apply online.
- Five (5) years or less of experience as a professional science reporter.
- Based in China, India, or the Balkan region (Albania, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Greece, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, or Turkey).
- Meet EurekAlert!’ reporter and freelancer eligibility criteria.
- Be able to travel to the 2018 AAAS Annual Meeting in Austin, Texas, USA, February 15-19, 2018.
Nationality: Applicants from China, India, Albania, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Greece, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, or Turkey are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a Five years or less of experience as a professional science reporter.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have excellent written and verbal English skills.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online:
- Proof of employment and length of service with an accredited news media outlet.
- Three recently published work samples.
- Letter of recommendation from an editor or senior reporter.
- Brief essay.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is November 15, 2017.
Also See :