The British Council is offering IELTS scholarships for Sri Lankan students. These scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate programmes to study abroad.
This is a scholarship programme aimed at IELTS candidates of the British Council hoping to study abroad.
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities.
The candidate must have an IELTS overall band score of 6 or above to be eligible to apply.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate programmes overseas.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the universities.
Scholarship Award: The British Council will offer one scholarship each, worth £ 3,000, to 5 winners.
Scholarship can be taken in Abroad (UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and USA)
- The British Council Scholarship programme is open to all IELTS applicants who have taken the test between 01 March 2016 and 31 March 2017, with the British Council.
- The candidate should be a resident and a citizen of Sri Lanka and should be 18 years of age or above.
- This offer is only valid for Sri Lankan students applying for undergraduate and postgraduate programmes overseas.
- The candidate should have an offer from a recognised higher education institute that accepts IELTS as part of its admission criteria, in the country that you declared in the application.
- The higher education institute has to be located in any one of the following countries; United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, United States of America or New Zealand.
- The institution’s academic programme should commence in 2017.
- The candidate must provide an acceptance letter from their higher education institute by 30 April 2017.
- A valid visa or related documentation for studying in the country of the said education institution must be provided upon the request of the British Council.
Nationality: Sri Lankan students can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
English Language Requirement: The candidate must have an IELTS overall band score of 6 or above to be eligible to apply.
How to Apply: Applicants must complete the online application form and upload the below listed documents using the document upload function in the application form (1 combined PDF file) on or before Friday 31 March 2018.
- A copy of IELTS Test report form
- Copies of academic certificates
- True certified copy of the university offer letter (if applicable)
Application Deadline: The application deadline is March 31, 2018.