The Inlaks India Foundation is inviting applications for Inlaks Theatre Awards 2018. The Foundation invites proposals from Indian citizens aged below 35 at the time of application, towards skill enhancement in the field of theatre.
The major objective of the Foundation is to identify exceptionally talented young Indian students and support them financially to develop their special skill and talents to the maximum.
The Foundation was created by Mr. Indoo Shivdasani in 1976 and registered as a Charitable Trust in Liechtenstein in the same year. The Foundation was created to incorporate the existing philanthropic work of the founder, and to provide a permanent independent body for the expansion of these activities.
Course Level: Depending on the proposal and the length of the proposed programme, the Foundation will provide an allowance of Rs. 10,000 per month for the duration of the programme, which should not exceed one year.
Study Subject: Awards are available in the field of theatre.
Scholarship Award: Awards will cover the following:
- For short-term awards (of three months or less) the amount awarded will be paid upfront and the mentor or institution will need to submit a letter certifying that the awardee attended and completed the programme for which the award was made.
- For longer-term awards (of over three months) half the amount awarded will be paid at the beginning. The second instalment will be paid at the midpoint of the term of the award on receipt of a progress report from the head of the institution, mentor, guide or guru under whom the applicant will be working.
- The selection procedure will take place in two rounds. The written application and reference letters will be the major criterion for the first round. The short-listed applicants will then be expected to appear in front of the selection committee for an audition for the final selection.
Number of Scholarships: The number of awards could vary between 2-3, depending on the merit of the applications received.
Scholarship can be taken in India
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The applicant should be a recent graduate / post-graduate from a leading Indian Institute for theatre arts in India. Applicants not having a formal degree but possessing a record of high-quality record of past achievements may be considered in exceptional circumstances.
- The recipient should not hold a similar / government scholarship or award during the tenure of the Inlaks Theatre Award.
- He / She should be below the age of 35 years on December 31st in the year of application.
- Please state if you have you applied for an Inlaks award before. If so, mention the year you had applied.
Nationality: Citizens of India are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: The applicant should be a recent graduate / post-graduate from a leading Indian Institute for theatre arts in India.
How to Apply: The applications may be sent to the following email: info-at-inlaksfoundation.org. The Downloaded application form may be filled in by hand or by type and should be emailed in with the following attachments as listed below.
The subject line should read as Inlaks Theatre Award 2018
Attachments to include together with the duly filled-in form:
- CV/Resume: Pdf
- Audio/Video: to be sent as links on any of the following online platform such as artist website/ Vimeo/ youtube/ Soundcloud. If links are password protected, please provide the password.
- Letter of Acceptance From Your Guru / Guide / Institution / Collaborators With Whom You Intend To Work.
- Evidence of Birth: Pan Card Copy/Aadhar Card Copy/Driving License
Application Deadline: The application deadline is October 1, 2017.