International Welcome Scholarships are open to eligible international students who choose to study a Murdoch University Bachelor, Honours or Postgraduate Coursework degree programme.
Murdoch University is a public university in Perth, Western Australia with campuses also in Singapore and Dubai. University has more than 22,000 students and 2,000 staff from across 90 different countries with a desire to discover, use their imaginations and ultimately make a difference.
In order to gain admission to Murdoch, students must satisfy English requirements by demonstrating competency in the English Language.
Course Level: International Welcome Scholarships are open to eligible international students who choose to study a Murdoch University Bachelor, Honours or Postgraduate Coursework degree programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are available for all Business and Governance eligible degree courses and for all other eligible degree courses.
Number of Scholarships: Multiple scholarships are available
- $10,000 for all Business and Governance eligible degree courses
- $11,000 for the Bachelor of Nursing course
- $7,000 for all other eligible degree courses
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: To be eligible for these scholarships, students must meet all three of the below eligibility criteria:
- Be an International Student who is a citizen of one of the following countries; Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Nepal, Pakistan or Sri Lanka; and
- Be a new international student applicant who applies for, and receives an offer, a conditional offer or a packaged offer to commence studies at Murdoch University; in either: Semester 1 2017; or Semester 2 2017; or Semester 1 2018; or Semester 2 2018; or Semester 1 2019; or Semester 2 2019; and in one of the eligible courses; and the eligible course should be studied internally at one of Murdoch University’s Australian Campuses.
- Not be recipients of another scholarship awarded by Murdoch University.
Note: For the purposes of this scholarship, a new international student is defined as a student who has not completed the same AQF level qualification at Murdoch that they are now applying to study at Murdoch University
Nationality: Citizen of Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Nepal, Pakistan or Sri Lanka can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicant must have achieved an academic record of 75% or higher in their previous study.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: In order to gain admission to Murdoch, students must satisfy English requirements by demonstrating competency in the English Language.
Academic IELTS: IELTS overall score of 6.0 with no band below 6.0
Cambridge Advanced English: Score of 60 or better
Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English: Score of 60 or better
TOEFL Internet Based: 80 (no band less than 20)
TOEFL Paper Based: 550 (with the test of written English 5)
How to Apply: To be considered for a scholarship, applications for entry to an eligible course need to be submitted to the international admissions office at least two weeks prior to the start of the semester that the student intends to commence their studies at Murdoch.
Application Deadline: Deadline varies according to courses.