CERN is proud to announce Short-term Internship Programme for the year 2018. The students mostly have technical or administrative backgrounds and their university requires or encourages them to spend a training period in industry or in a research establishment. Applicants must have a good knowledge of English and/or French.
Field of Internship: CERN offers a limited number of internships to undergraduate students for practical training assignments.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: CERN
Internship can be taken in Switzerland
Eligibility: In order to be eligible for a contract of association as a trainee, the student must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be enrolled in a full-time higher education course (Students who have already commenced doctoral studies are not eligible)
- Be specialised in one of the following field: applied physics, computing, mathematics, electrical, electronic, mechanical or civil engineering, instrumentation for accelerators and particle physics experiments, materials science, radiation protection, safety and environmental protection, surveying, ultra-high vacuum, scientific communication. A very limited number of places may be available in administrative fields: translation, advanced secretarial work, accounting, legal services, human resources, librarianship, logistics
- Have a good knowledge of English and/or French
- Return to his/her educational establishment after completion of his/her stay at CERN
- Have adequate financial resources to support him- or herself in the local area
Internship Open for International Students: International students are eligible to apply for this internship programme.
Is this paid internship? Students must have a medical insurance covering occupational illness and accidents that is adequate in Switzerland and France.
Internship Description: Are you an undergraduate student in a technical or administrative field looking for a short practical training period (less than 6 months)?
Are you a student of higher education in a technical or administrative field who is looking for a short-term internship (less than 6 months)?
Number of awards offered: Limited number of internships is available.
Internship Duration: The appointment will be for a minimum duration of one month and a maximum duration of six months in any twelve-month period.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
Internship Application Deadline: Internship application deadline is December 12, 2018.