Facebook is pleased to offer Research Internship, PhD (Systems and Infrastructure) to study in UK. Interns must be pursuing PhD in Computer Science, related STEM or quantitative field, or relevant experience. International students are eligible to apply for this internship programme. This is an unpaid internship programme.
Field of Internship: The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in relevant engineering fields, such as (but not limited to) distributed software systems, storage systems, data warehousing and analytics, database systems, operating systems, networking systems, programming languages, compilers & runtime systems, security & privacy and mobile systems.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Facebook
Internship can be taken in London, United Kingdom
Eligibility: Minimum Qualifications
- Pursuing PhD in Computer Science, related STEM or quantitative field, or relevant experience
- Must be currently enrolled in a full time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship
- Research and/or work experience in Algorithms, Architecture, Programming Languages, Compilers, Database, Data Mining, Distributed Systems, Security, Networking, and/or Systems
- Experience in systems software or algorithms
- Expertise in C++, Java, Perl, PHP or Python
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- High levels of creativity and quick problem solving capabilities
- Proven track record of achieving significant results
- Preferred: Demonstrated software engineer experience via an internship, work experience, coding competitions, or PhD papers
- Ability to obtain work authorization in the United Kingdom in 2017
Internship Open for International Students: International students are eligible to apply for this internship programme.
Is this paid internship? This is an unpaid internship programme.
Internship Description: Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Number of awards offered: Not Known
Internship Duration: This internship has minimum twelve (12) week duration with winter, summer and fall start dates.
Notification: Not Known
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
Internship Application Deadline: Contact Employer