The Foundation for the Lugano Faculties of USI is offering study grants for international students. Grants are available for pursuing master degree programme.
The aim of the study grants is to enable and encourage academically able students from any nationality. USI also provides its graduates with career guidance, ensuring a smooth transition to the workplace.
The University of Lugano is a public university which has four faculties, and follows the European standard of three-year undergraduate studies and two-year master’s. USI stands out in the Swiss academic landscape for its original teaching programs, both at Bachelor’s and Master’s level.
Course Level: Grants are available for pursuing master degree.
Study Subject (s): Grants are awarded within the faculties of Economics, Communication Sciences, and Informatics.
Scholarship Award: A total of 60 one-off study grants of the amount of CHF 4’000 each. The grants will be assigned as follows:
- 20 grants to students that pursued a Bachelor’s degree at a Swiss university;
- 20 grants to students that pursued a Bachelor’s degree at an Italian university;
- 20 grants to students that pursued a Bachelor’s degree at a university from other countries.
Scholarship can be taken in Switzerland
Eligibility: Merit based grants are given to the students admitted to the first year of a USI Master programme starting in September 2016. Eligibility criteria is:
- Applicants must have obtained the Bachelor’s degree (passed all the exams and defended the thesis) by July 31st, 2017 with a cumulative grade point average of at least 80/100
- Applicants must have been admitted to the first year of a USI Master programme beginning in September 2017. Applications from students enrolled in a USI Master before September 1st, 2017 will not be considered.
Nationality: International students can apply for these study grants.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have obtained their previous degree. Detailed information can be found here
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements:
The C1 level on the CEFR corresponds to the following scores in internationally acknowledge exams:
|7.0||Internet based: 100||
||FCE (First Certificate English)||
How to Apply: Applications must be sent by email to: studygrants-at-usi.ch. The application package, to be sent in paper form, will include:
Application Deadline: The deadline for the submission of the applications is July 31, 2017.