The Foundation for the Lugano Faculties of USI is offering study grants for international students. Grants are available for pursuing a master degree program.
The aim of the study grants is to enable and encourage academically able candidates from any nationality. USI also provides its graduates with career guidance, ensuring a smooth transition to the workplace.
Exceptional Grants at the University of Lugano.
User Review( votes)
The University of Lugano is a public university which has four faculties and follows the European standard of three-year undergraduate studies and two-year master’s. USI stands out in the Swiss academic landscape for its original teaching programs, both a Bachelor’s and Master’s level.
Application Deadline: Closed
- International applicants can apply for these study grants.
- Grants are available for pursuing a master degree.
- Grants are awarded within the faculties of Economics, Communication Sciences, and Informatics.
- Applicants must have obtained the Bachelor’s degree (passed all the exams and defended the thesis) by July 31st, 2018 with a cumulative grade point average of at least 80/100. Applicants must have been admitted to the first year of a USI Master program beginning in September 2018. Applications from pupils enrolled in a USI Master before September 2018 will not be considered.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications must be sent by email to studygrants-at-usi.ch. The application package, to be sent in paper form.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program applicants must have a previous degree.
- Language Requirement: The C1 level on the CEFR corresponds to the following scores in internationally acknowledge exams:
IELTS TOEFL Cambridge English TOEIC 7.0 Internet-based: 100
- CAE (Advanced certificate), grade C or above
- BEC (Business English), grade C or above
- Listening & Reading: 945
- Speaking: 180
- Writing: 180
IELTS TOEFL Cambridge English TOEIC 5.5
- Computer-based: 183
- Internet-Based: 65
- Paper-based: 513
FCE (First Certificate English)
- Listening & Reading: 785
- Speaking: 150
- Writing: 160
The awards will be assigned as follows:
• 20 grants to holders that pursued a Bachelor’s degree at a Swiss university;
• 20 grants to learners that pursued a Bachelor’s degree at an Italian university;
• 20 grants to students that pursued a Bachelor’s degree at a university from other countries.