Applications for the Monash Warwick Joint PhD Scholarships to be considered for 2018/19 entry are now open. Scholarships are open to all students in any discipline applying to Warwick for the Alliance Joint PhD.
The Monash Warwick Alliance is an innovative partnership with a breadth, scale and impact beyond standard practice in the sector. The Alliance joint PhD is part of our commitment to developing a successor generation of internationally experienced young researchers.
The candidate should have a very good command over the English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
Application Deadline: January 19, 2018
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: For 2018/19 entry there will be 3 scholarships available to be awarded to the most outstanding PhD applicants. Awards made for entry in Autumn 2018 will include the following:
- The full payment of fees (worth up to £21,770 at 18/19 rates)
- A maintenance stipend in line with RCUK rates for the two years spent at Warwick (provisional £14,800 for full-time award holder in 2018/19), and in line with Australian government rates for the year spent at Monash
- Travel allowance of £2000 during the lifetime of the PhD
- Length of funding: 3 years
Number of Scholarships: For 2018/19 entry there will be 3 scholarships available to be awarded to the most outstanding PhD applicants.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Applicants for a Monash Warwick Alliance (Warwick) Scholarship must also be applying to Warwick for a Monash Warwick Joint PhD to begin in Autumn 2018. Students currently enrolled in a PhD or MPhil/PhD at the University of Warwick will not be eligible to apply.
- There are no nationality criteria and applicants may be from any discipline.
- You must have already applied for admission to Warwick for a Monash Warwick Joint PhD before you can apply to be considered for the scholarship (see timeline below).
English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of the English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
How to Apply:
Applicants are encouraged to read the ranking criteria before submitting an application. Within the scholarship application form, applicants will be required to answer the following questions:
- Please provide details of how you meet the descriptors “Person and Preparedness”
- Please provide details of how you meet the descriptors “Project and Place”
- What do added value you hope a joint PhD will bring to you as opposed to you pursuing a single degree at either university?
- How do the two research groups you hope to work in compliment each other in view of your project?
To apply for the Monash Warwick Alliance Scholarships (Warwick), please complete the application form linked below.