The NGS Scholarship is awarded to support talented students with an aptitude for innovative, high calibre PhD research.
The NUS Graduate School for Integrative Sciences and Engineering (NGS) is the home of cutting-edge PhD research at the forefront of science, engineering, and related aspects of medicine at NUS.
Applicants must have at least 2nd Class Upper honours (or equivalent qualifications). Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme at National University of Singapore.
Study Subject(s): Scholarships are awarded in all subjects available at NUS Graduate School for Integrative Sciences & Engineering (NGS).
Scholarship Award: Monthly stipend, up to 4 years of the PhD studies, or up to date of graduation, whichever is earlier, of
- S$3,500 for Singapore Citizens, plus Central Provident Fund (CPF) contributions at a rate pegged to the prevailing employer’s contribution rate set by CPF
- S$3,200 for Singapore Permanent Residents
- S$3,000 for International students
- Full tuition fee subsidy for 4 years.
- Other allowances include: computer allowance, book allowance and conference allowance.
- Student must commit to PhD from the outset, cannot exit with MSc.
Scholarship can be taken in Singapore
- Opens worldwide.
- Graduates with a passion for cross-disciplinary research in science, engineering, computing, and related aspects of medicine.
- Graduates with at least 2nd Upper Honours, or equivalent qualifications.
- GRE is compulsory for all except for applicants from NUS or NTU. Note that GATE is NOT acceptable.
- TOEFL is compulsory (ONLY applicable for applicants whose native tongue or medium of undergraduate instruction is not in English).
Nationality: Students from any country can apply for this NGS scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have at least 2nd Class Upper honours (or equivalent qualifications).
Test Requirement: GRE is compulsory for all students who are applying from overseas. Please take the GRE General Test.
English Language Requirements:
- TOEFL is compulsory (only applicable for applicants whose native tongue or medium of undergraduate instruction is not in English).
- Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: Applications should be submitted online and all supporting documents, together with a printed copy of the application form are to be submitted by post. Please also note the following when completing the online application:
- Statement of Purpose
- Research Proposal
- TOEFL / IELTS
- Referee Reports
Application Deadline: The application deadline is January 15, 2017.