National University of Singapore is offering PhD scholarship for international students. The NGS Scholarship is awarded to support talented students with an aptitude for innovative, high calibre PhD research.
The NUS Graduate School for Integrative Sciences and Engineering (NGS) is the home of cutting-edge PhD research at the forefront of science, engineering, and related aspects of medicine at NUS.
Applicants must have at least 2nd Class Upper honours (or equivalent qualifications). Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- Application Deadline: May 15, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme at National University of Singapore.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in all subjects available at NUS Graduate School for Integrative Sciences & Engineering (NGS).
- Scholarship Award: Monthly stipend, up to 4 years of the PhD studies, or up to date of graduation, whichever is earlier, of
- S$3,500 for Singapore Citizens, plus Central Provident Fund (CPF) contributions at a rate pegged to the prevailing employer’s contribution rate set by CPF
- S$3,200 for Singapore Permanent Residents
- S$3,000 for International students
- Full tuition fee subsidy for 4 years.
- Other allowances include: computer allowance, book allowance and conference allowance.
- Student must commit to PhD from the outset, cannot exit with MSc.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Nationality: International
- Scholarship can be taken in Singapore
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Students from any country can apply for this NGS scholarship.
- Entrance Requirements:
- Opens worldwide.
- Graduates with a passion for cross-disciplinary research in science, engineering, computing, and related aspects of medicine.
- Graduates with at least 2nd Upper Honours, or equivalent qualifications.
- GRE is
- Compulsory for all applicants, Please note it cannot be substituted by GATE.
- Compulsory for NUS and NTU Masters students and graduates.
- Only waived for NUS and NTU Bachelor degree holders and final-year undergraduates.
- Native tongueTOEFL / IELTS (either can be used) is only compulsory for applicants whose
- Medium of undergraduate instruction is not in English
- English Language Requirements:
- TOEFL is compulsory (only applicable for applicants whose native tongue or medium of undergraduate instruction is not in English).
- Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- Only online applications
- You must also complete a critical Google Questionnaire.
- Your application is only considered COMPLETE after you
- Submit your PDF dossier
- Submit your hardcopy package
- Complete and submit your Google Questionnaire
- The application deadline.
- Please refer to the application instructions here for comprehensive details.
For NGS Scholarship – specific enquiries, please contact Ms Anuradha Chandra <ngsack-at-nus.edu.sg>.