The University of Newcastle and China Scholarship Council (CSC) are inviting applicants for its PhD Tuition Fee Scholarships. These scholarships are available for Chinese applicants to pursue research programme.
The aim of the scholarships is to enhancing research opportunities for high calibre students at the North China Electric Power University and knowledge exchange between our students here in Newcastle.
The University of Newcastle (UoN), informally known as Newcastle University, is an Australian public university established in 1965.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: Scholarships will cover the following:
- All tuition and research fees.
- An annual living allowance (set by the CSC).
- Return airfare from China to Australia.
- Visa fees plus Overseas Student Health Cover for the duration of the course for up to four years (this is included in the CSC living allowance.
- Successful candidates are provided with a dedicated workspace and a University laptop computer with a standard suite of software.
- Candidates can apply for annual funding of AUD $1500 for research-related activities, including conference attendance or other activities related to improving their research outcomes.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- You must be a citizen and permanent resident of the People’s Republic of China at the time of application.
- You must not be currently working abroad or studying abroad.
- You must fulfil all the academic entry requirements set by the University of Newcastle.
- You must fulfil all the requirements of the CSC.
- You should be intending to pursue a PhD in one of the priority academic areas identified by CSC or one of those identified by the University of Newcastle.
Nationality: Chinese applicants are eligible to apply for the scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a previous year degree.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must be fluent in English.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email
- Documentation to support your application should also include:
- A research proposal identifying the area and nature of your intended research.
- An academic resume (noting all academic awards, research publications and citations).
- Translated transcripts of Undergraduate and Postgraduate degrees.
- If you are successful in your application, you will receive a letter of offer for a place in the research program at the University of Newcastle. Once you have the letter of offer, you can apply to the CSC for the CSC component of the scholarship. You then need to provide the University of Newcastle’s International Office with a certified copy of the CSC Scholarship Letter. The International Office will then process your confirmation of enrolment form and you can apply for a visa.
- Once you have completed the above, email, fax or send your completed application form to: E [email protected]
Application Deadline: Applications can be submitted at any time of the year.