IRES PhD Student Association is inviting applications for one PhD Student Visiting Scholarship at IRES, Uppsala University. The research visit shall take place during the fall semester of 2018.
Uppsala University is a research university in Uppsala, Sweden, and is the oldest university in Sweden and all of the Nordic countries, founded in 1477. It ranks among the best universities in Northern Europe in international rankings.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate proficiency in English by means of an internationally recognized test, e. g. TOEFL, IELTS or the equivalent.
- Application Deadline: March 31, 2018
- Course Level: This is a visiting research scholarship programme.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship offers a fully funded one-month research visit at IRES, including a stipend of 10 000 SEK and reimbursements for travel and accommodation costs. Full access to IRES premises and Uppsala University library resources are provided throughout the research period. While advancing his/her doctoral project, the selected PhD student will be introduced to and integrated into the IRES network of scholars, in Uppsala and beyond. The research visit shall take place during the fall semester of 2018.
- Nationality: Open to PhD students based in the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland or Slovakia.
- Number of Scholarships: One scholarship is available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Applicants shall be admitted to and based at an institution of higher education in either one of the following countries: the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland or Slovakia.
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Open to PhD students based in the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland or Slovakia.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
The IRES is Uppsala University’s center of excellence on the post-Soviet sphere. Here, world-leading research is conducted in an open and dynamic environment that is truly cross-disciplinary and international. Among the academic staff are scholars in fields such as, but not limited to, political science, economics, law, history, literature, theology, anthropology, and sociology. Each academic year, IRES hosts some 20 visiting international academics from around the world.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Applicants are to provide the Selection Committee with a brief cover letter, CV, and a brief description of their doctoral projects (no more than four pages in total). The cover letter is to explain the ways in which the applicant’s doctoral project fits the IRES research program. Moreover, the letter should also provide information on how a research visit at IRES would benefit the applicant’s doctoral project, including a short description of planned activities to be carried out during the visit. Preliminary dates for the research visit are also to be included (four-five weeks within the period of September through mid-December 2018). The exact time period will be agreed upon with the successful applicant. Please email your application to IRES International Coordinator Stella Marceta (stella.marceta-at-ires.uu.se).