The University of Gibraltar is delighted to be able to offer a Commonwealth PhD Scholarship, an opportunity for researchers who are citizens of the Commonwealth countries.
The purpose of the study is to enhance individual teaching and research capacity leading to increased institutional capacity in academic and other sectors in Commonwealth countries and to contribute to Gibraltar’s higher education and research by attracting international candidates and encouraging links and collaboration.
Exceptional Scholarships for Researchers.
User Review( votes)
The University of Gibraltar is a not-for-profit independent tertiary institution that was established by The University of Gibraltar Act 2015.
Application Deadline: 30 June 2021
- Citizens of Commonwealth countries are eligible to apply.
- These are available for pursuing the full-time doctoral program at the University of Gibraltar.
- These are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- To apply for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a citizen of a Commonwealth country other than the host country (Gibraltar) or a British protected person;Be permanently resident in a Commonwealth country (http://thecommonwealth.org/member-countries);
- Be available to start your academic studies in Gibraltar by the start of the academic year in October 2021; and
- By October 2021, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honors standard, or a second class degree and relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree).
Additionally, applicants should usually:
- Hold a Master’s degree awarded by a UK University, or an overseas Master’s degree of an equivalent standard, provided that the Master’s degree is in an appropriate cognate area and that the Master’s degree included training in research and the completion of a research project;
- Have a good honors degree (or equivalent) in an appropriate discipline, and ideally have research and/or professional experience at postgraduate level as evidenced in published work, written reports or other appropriate evidence of accomplishment.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: This is a joint application system whereby the application is for both the free study and for a place to read for a Ph.D. at the University of Gibraltar. Prospective applicants are advised to refer to Commonwealth free study Prospectus for details of research themes.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants are expect to provide the following documentation as part of their application:
- Research Proposal
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Academic Certificates
- Personal Statement (500 words)
- Name and contact details for two references
- Proof of English language proficiency (if required)
- Language Requirements: If English is not your first language you must demonstrate evidence of English language ability to the following (or equivalent) a minimum level of proficiency: An IELTS score of 6.5; or A TOEFL score of 600; and Have achieved a minimum of English Language competence equivalent to at least IELTS 5.5 across all four areas of competence – writing, reading, speaking and listening.
The Gibraltar Commonwealth award Scheme provides financial support that includes all University fees, one annual return trip to and from the country of residence, and a monthly stipend towards completion of a three-year full-time doctoral postgraduate qualification at the University of Gibraltar.