Boston University is offering 20 scholarships for the US and international students. A Trustee Scholarship covers full undergraduate tuition plus the University orientation and mandatory undergraduate student fees and is renewable for four years if certain criteria are met.
Boston University’s most prestigious merit-based award recognises students who show outstanding academic and leadership abilities.
Boston University is a private research university located in Boston, Massachusetts. The university is nonsectarian but is historically affiliated with the United Methodist Church.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- Application deadline: December 1, 2017
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing the undergraduate degree program at Boston University in the USA.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are provided to learn any of the courses offered by the Boston University in the USA.
- Scholarship Award: A Trustee Scholarship covers full undergraduate tuition plus the University orientation and mandatory undergraduate student fees and is renewable for four years if certain criteria are met.
- Number of Scholarships: Every year, Boston University welcomes about 20 outstanding students to the Trustee Scholars Program.
- Nationality: US and international
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: The US and international applicants are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements:
- Boston University welcomes about 20 outstanding students to the Trustee Scholars Program. Many of our current Scholars had perfect 4.0-grade point averages in high school and typically ranked in the top 5–10% of their class.
- In addition to exceptional academic credentials, Trustee Scholars are intellectually and creatively adventurous and demonstrate viewpoints, experiences or achievements beyond the usual. They are, in other words, not just top students, but extraordinary people. At BU, scholars also become part of a unique campus community that offers many intellectual, cultural, and social opportunities.
- While the competition is especially rigorous, the benefits are considerable. A Trustee Scholarship covers full undergraduate tuition plus the University orientation and mandatory undergraduate student fees and is renewable for four years if certain criteria are met.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
To be considered for a Trustee Scholarship:
- Submit the Common Application and all required materials for admission to one of the undergraduate degree programs at Boston University by December 1.
How to Apply: To be considered for a Trustee Scholarship:
- Boston University Trustee Scholars are encouraged to develop well-informed and well-reasoned views on important political, social, and artistic issues. We select students who have a sense of how to present persuasive arguments in support of their views. With that in mind, please select one of the questions below and respond with an essay explaining your perspective in 600 words or less. Please complete your essay on the Common Application as part of your application to Boston University.
-Building on recent successes in DNA research–including genetically modified crops, the creation of insulin within genetically modified cells, and the sequencing of the human genome–scientists have begun discussions about the fabrication of all DNA present in human chromosomes. Some foresee dramatic breakthroughs for humankind, while others worry that the knowledge would give parents the ability to select the traits of their offspring and perhaps allow for the creation of humans without biological parents. There is widespread agreement that the research touches ethical as well as scientific questions.
In your view, do the potential benefits outweigh its risks? If so, how should its risks be addressed?
-Several countries are now developing prototypes for “robot weapons,” which will have the capacity to locate targets and launch strikes without human intervention. Supporters say this is a logical and necessary step, given the growing technological sophistication of warfare. Critics contend, on both moral and strategic grounds, that humans must be directly involved whenever lethal force is used.
Do you think the potential use of such weapons should be pursued? Why?
-The German poet Johann Wolfgang von Goethe wrote: “One cannot escape the world more certainly than through art, and one cannot bind oneself to it more certainly than through art.”
With extended reference to one novel, poem, play, piece of music, or work of art, please discuss what you believe this sentence to mean.
- In addition, please submit a short essay of no more than 300 words, to the statement below:
“Something that’s not on the resume”
Give us a glimpse of a passion, dream, or mental pursuit that absorbs and delights you.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is December 1, 2017.