The St Antony’s College, University of Oxford, in partnership with the Swire Charitable Trust and the Oxford and Cambridge Society of Kenya offers Master Scholarship on the basis of both academic merit and potential as well as financial need. The scholarship is exclusively open for the nationals of Kenya in any subject offered at St Antony’s College.
The aim of the scholarship is to strengthen the bond between the students of UK and Kenya.
The Oxford and Cambridge Society of Kenya was founded in the 1920s, and since then has represented alumni of both universities in Kenya. It has about 200 members and has long supported Kenyan students on courses in Oxford and Cambridge.
Course Level: The scholarship is available to pursue the master degree.
Study Subject: The scholarship is awarded in the fields offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: The total value of the scholarship is £30,000 which for most courses will cover University and College fees and a contribution towards living costs.
Number of Scholarships: One scholarship is available.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The scholarships are open to applicants who are citizens of Kenya and who have applied for a full-time one year Master’s degree in any subject offered at St Antony’s College.
- The scholarships will be awarded on the basis of both academic merit and potential as well as financial need. Scholars should intend to return to Kenya after completing their Master’s degree, and preference will be given to applicants who have clear ambitions to use their accumulated learning to benefit Kenya.
- Please ensure you meet the requirements for entry to your course, including English language requirements. See the University’s course guide for more information.
Nationality: Kenyan applicants are eligible for the scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous year degree.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must submit evidence that you meet the University’s English language requirement for your course (or, if you are eligible, you can request a waiver of the requirement), if:
- Applicant’s first language is not English, or
- Applicant’s first language is English but you are not a national of a majority English-speaking country recognised by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI).
How to Apply: In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must submit your application for graduate study to the University.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is January 8 or 19, 2018 depending on the programme students apply.