UNESCO and Czech Republic are inviting applications for fellowships programme. There is no possibility to change neither the field of study nor the study programme once the fellowship is awarded.
In order to promote human resource capacities in the developing Member States and to enhance friendship among peoples of the world, the Government of the Czech Republic has placed at the disposal of UNESCO three long-term fellowships for undergraduate studies (which comprises the Bachelor’s and Master’s study programmes for the academic year 2017-2018) for the benefit of certain developing Member States.
Neither a citizen of the Czech Republic, nor a citizen of a Member State of the European Union, nor any other foreign national with a permanent residence permit on the territory of the Czech Republic may therefore be granted this type of scholarship.
Course Level: Government of the Czech Republic has placed at the disposal of UNESCO three long-term fellowships for undergraduate studies (which comprises the Bachelor’s and Master’s study programmes for the academic year 2018-2019) for the benefit of certain developing Member States.
Study Subject(s): In line with UNESCO and Czech Republic’s commitment to maximize capacity-building, candidates who wish to study in the fields of natural resources and environment, forestry water and landscape management, technology and environmental engineering, economics and finance would be given priority. Note: There is no possibility to change the field of study/study programme once the fellowship is awarded.
Scholarship Award: Facilities offered by the Government of the Czech Republic
- Tuition is free of charge
- A monthly allowance of 14,000 Czech Crowns (1 euro = approximately 25 crowns) for students undertaking bachelor and master’s study programmes (Should this allowance be considered insufficient, the applying Member State may consider granting a partial contribution, or, the candidate may have to seek other funds from private sources to complement this allowance)
Accommodation at the student dormitories at reduced rates (to be paid by the fellow from the monthly allowance mentioned in (2) above)
- Access to meals (to be paid with the monthly allowance) in the student dining halls
- Access to discounts for urban transportation
- The Ministry of Health provides medical care to fellows.
(Note: The facilities  are provided under the same condition as for Czech students, i.e. at a relatively lower price.)
Facilities offered by UNESCO
- UNESCO will cover international travel expenses within the framework of the Fellowships Programme under the Regular Programme. Upon selection of the candidates, UNESCO will undertake the necessary action to authorize tickets to the beneficiaries before their departure for the Czech Republic. And,
- A special one-time allowance of US$200 to cover transit and other miscellaneous expenses.
Scholarship can be taken in Czech Republic
Requirements: English / French
There is no possibility to change neither the field of study nor the study programme once the fellowship is awarded. The donor country highly recommends the following field of studies: Medicine, Natural Resources and Environment, Forestry Engineering, Tropical Agriculture, Water and Landscape Management, Environment, Ecology and Environmental Protection, Mechanical Engineering, Energy Engineering. Preference will be given to students who will take these fields of study.
Nationality: Foreign students can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have their previous degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
- All applications should be endorsed by the relevant Government body (such as the National Commission or Permanent Delegation), must be made on a Czech fellowship application form, filled out in English in electronic form until 30 September 2017
- The registration will be open for application until 30 September 2017 (Midnight Paris Time). After filling out the application, the candidate is requested to submit an online motivation letter and take a test.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is September 30, 2017.