Applications are invited for Mitacs Elevate Postdoctoral Fellowships at the University of Guelph in Canada. Canadian citizens, permanent residents and international applicants are eligible to apply for these postdoctoral fellowships.
Fellows receive a stipend/salary of at least $50,000 per year. Partners contribute $25,000 per year and Mitacs contributes $30,000 per year for a total grant of $55,000 per year.
The University of Guelph is like no other university in Canada. Research-intensive and learner-centred, our campuses span urban hubs and rural communities. We are known for excellence in the arts and sciences, and for our commitment to developing exceptional thinkers and engaged citizens.
Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
Study Subject: Mitacs Elevate is a two-year training program for postdoctoral fellows, in which participants lead and undertake an industrially relevant research project in any discipline.
Scholarship Award: The two-year postdoctoral award provides:
- $55,000 annual funding (plus $7,500 per year non-cash value in training)
- Exclusive, customized professional development training
- Long-term collaborative research project with a non-academic partner
Note: Fellows receive a stipend/salary of at least $50,000 per year. Partners contribute $25,000 per year and Mitacs contributes $30,000 per year for a total grant of $55,000 per year. This includes support for fellows and up to $5,000 in research costs for equipment, additional research personnel, conference travel and publication. A $5,000 contribution from the academic supervisor or university is required in lieu of provincial funding.
Scholarship can be taken in Canada
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- Postdoctoral fellows may apply if their date of graduation from a PhD program is no more than five years prior to the proposed start date of the research project.
- Fellows who have held an Accelerate award as a Master’s or PhD student are also eligible to apply.
- Postdoctoral Fellows who have previously held an Elevate award are not eligible.
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents and international applicants are eligible to apply. They must be based at a university located in the same province as the partner organization for the duration of the fellowship.
- Supervisors must hold a faculty appointment and are eligible for Tri-Agency funds.
Nationality: Canadian citizens, permanent residents and international applicants are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Fellows who have held an Accelerate award as a Master’s or PhD student are also eligible to apply.
English language Requirements:
How to Apply: Complete submission packages must be emailed to: elevate-at-mitacs.ca.
A completed Application Package consists of the following:
- A completed application form
- A memorandum signed by all parties, including relevant university research office, submitted as a scanned PDF
- Applicant’s CV
- Proposed academic supervisor’s CV
- Three letters of support maximum:
- One (1) letter of support from the proposed academic supervisor
- One (1) letter of support from a former supervisor or person familiar with the fellow’s research expertise
- One (1) letter of support from an eligible partner organization on partner organization letterhead that confirms the amount of the financial commitment
- Any supplementary documents as applicable
Please note: Please submit the documents of your package as separate documents (not one combined document).
Application Deadline: Application deadlines are:
|Internal Deadline||February 15, 2017 – 4:00pm|
|External Deadline||February 22, 2017 – 4:00pm|