The program is open for Canadian citizens, permanent residents, and international students who are interested in the postdoctoral program.
User Review( votes)
The University of Guelph is like no other university in Canada. Research-intensive and learner-centered, our campuses span urban hubs and rural communities. We are known for excellence in the arts and sciences, and for our commitment to developing exceptional thinkers and engaged citizens.
Why at the University of Guelph? It has many management faculties which provide good management knowledge in participants. This will help them to do good in their career field.
Application Deadline: Closed
Participants must follow the eligibility criteria-
- Mitacs Elevate is a two-year training program for postdoctoral students, in which participants lead and undertake an industrially relevant research project in any discipline.
- The following criteria must be met in order to be eligible for the award:
- The postdoctoral program may apply if their date of graduation from a Ph.D. program is no more than five years prior to the proposed start date of the research project.
- Candidates who have held an Accelerate award as a Master’s or Ph.D. student are also eligible to apply.
- Postdoctoral students who have previously held an Elevate award are not eligible.
- Supervisors must hold a faculty appointment and are eligible for Tri-Agency funds.
How to Apply
- How to apply: Participants can apply for the award online.
- Supporting Documents: Student have to submit a completed application form, which contains a memorandum signed by all parties, including relevant university research office, submitted as a scanned PDF, their CV, proposed academic supervisor’s CV, one (1) letter of support from the proposed academic supervisor, one (1) letter of support from a former supervisor or person familiar with the candidate’s research expertise, one (1) letter of support from an eligible partner organization on partner organization letterhead that confirms the amount of the financial commitment and any supplementary documents as applicable.
- If English is not your first language then you must show your English language Eligibility through IELTS or TOEFL test.
The participants will receive a stipend/salary of at least $50,000 per year. Partners contribute $25,000 per year and Mitacs contributes $30,000 per year for a total grant of $55,000 per year. This includes support for fellows and up to $5,000 in research costs for equipment, additional research personnel, conference travel, and publication. A $5,000 contribution from the academic supervisor or university is required in lieu of provincial funding.