Basic Research Paper is a form of educational writing, formulated by students in colleges and universities. It usually comprises of about five to fifteen pages. It is a document submitted in support of a application for a degree or professional qualification. It is also known as Term Paper. A research paper involves students to place information regarding a topic and provides support with an evidence for that position in an organized report. This type of paper is generally meant to describe an event, a concept or argue a point. Following are 10 steps to write a legible basic research paper.
1) Choose the Right Research Topic: Neither the research topic should be too long nor too short. It should be specific. You should able to get ample information on it to present your research paper. So start by choosing a topic in which you are really interested in.
User Review( votes)
2) Gather Information: Information can be gathered from variety of sources. You can use Books, Magazines, Encyclopedias, Internet etc. and can conduct interviews, surveys also.
3) Start Your Research: Jot down your main points. Look out for recent and reliable information. Recollect all of your thoughts and start writing a research paper.
4) Make a Outline of the Research : Put your all relevant thoughts in a logical order i.e organize your research paper in an appropriate manner starting from the stating of the topic, including thesis and conclusion at the end.
5) Make a Body of Your Research paper: Once you have an outline of the research you will able to link your views and evidences with the help of sentences, paragraphs, visuals, sounds or a combination of any of these. Put all your points in the order they will appear in the project. If you find that there is not enough information while writing your research paper you can always collect more relevant information.
6) Revise Your Paper: Check for grammar mistakes, spelling problems. Make sure that your ideas explained clearly.
7) Make a Final Draft: It should include all: introduction, supporting evidences with a logical conclusion.
8 ) Prepare a Bibliography: List all the sources from which you collected information for the paper.
9) Create a Title Page & Table of Contents: Title page should include some standard information like your name, topic of the research, your Mentor’s name. Table of contents should include topics, sub topics and the page no.s should be stated on which each is explained in your research paper.
10) Evaluate your Work:Make sure that you have completed all parts with overall neatness and put them into correct order without missing anything. Any borrowed material is properly acknowledged. Finally submit your paper on time.
Kindly post your comments, opinion below this blog.
Wishing you all, success!!!