The Horatio Alger Association of Distinguished Americans is pleased to announce the availability of 106 scholarships for High school senior students. These scholarships are awarded to eligible students in all fifty states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico.
The Horatio Alger Association of Distinguished Americans is a nonprofit organization based in Alexandria, Virginia, that was founded in 1947 to honor the achievements of outstanding Americans who have succeeded in spite of adversity and to emphasize the importance of higher education
- Applications Deadline: October 25, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to enrol as a High school senior students.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: Scholarship is valued at $25000 each.
- Nationality: US citizens are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Number of Scholarships: 106 Scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: US citizens are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled full time as a high school senior in the United States; be progressing normally toward graduation in spring/summer of 2019 with plans to enter a college in the United States no later than the fall following graduation
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor’s degree at an accredited non-profit public or private institution in the United States (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution)
- Demonstrate critical financial need ($55,000 or lower adjusted gross family income is required)
- Be involved in co-curricular and community service activities
- Display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0; and
- Be a United States citizen
How to Apply: You are encouraged to read the definitive rules for this scholarship prior to application, in particular, any specific eligibility conditions and check the FAQs if you have any questions.