Applications are invited for Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship and were initially offered to and participated by member countries of the South West Pacific Dialogue (SwPD); Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines, Timor-Leste, and the host Indonesia.
The program serves to demonstrate Indonesia’s commitment as an initiator of the establishment of South West Pacific Dialogue and as the originator member of ASEAN in advancing the social culture cooperation in the region.
User Review( votes)
The programme aims to cultivate a culture of cooperation, emerging from direct contact and sharing of cultures amongst people involved in the program, leading to thriving diplomatic relations in the region and worldwide.
- Applications deadline: January 10, 2018
- Course Level: The non-degree arts and culture scholarship are offered for three months period of time, starting on 17 March to 24 June 2018.
- Study Subject: Basically, all awardees will learn about Indonesian arts and culture in general while they are staying in the art centers. However, some of the courses will be different in each art centre depending on the local arts and culture. For example, In East Java, the awardees will learn East Javanese arts and cultures including Madurese Gamelan, the process of batik and its significance; karawitan; traditional Javanese dance; and Javanese language. In Bali, the awardees will learn Balinese art and culture, namely Balinese dance and gamelan. Meanwhile, in South Sulawesi, the awardees will learn the Sulawesi arts and culture, as well as the local language.
- Each arts centre will arrange social and environment projects moreover special visit to several historical places as well as renowned tourist destinations for awardees.
- Prior to their residency at arts centres, awardees should participate in one-week orientation in Jakarta and will learn issues such as the aim and objectives of the program; Introduction to Indonesian Culture; Indonesian contemporary arts and cultures, Information about the activities and curriculum offered by the art centers, etc. All awardees will perform in art and cultural night titled “Indonesia Channel” to remark the closing of the program program. The “Indonesia Channel” is scheduled to be held on 21 June 2018. Awardees will return to their respective countries on the following days.
Award: The sponsorship will cover:
- Tuition fee (including extra-curricular activities);
- A roundtrip economy class ticket;
- Accommodation (board and lodging);
- Local transportation during program;
- Health insurance (limited). All awardees are advised to have their own health insurance.
- Monthly allowance of Rp. 2.000.000,-.
- Nationality: The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship (IACS) has been conducted since 2003 and was initially offered to and participated by member countries of the South West Pacific Dialogue (SwPD); Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines, Timor-Leste, and the host Indonesia.
- Number of Awards: Numbers are not given.
- The award can be taken in Indonesia
Eligible Countries: Awardees of the 2018 IACS will be targeted from many countries: member countries of ASEAN, ASEAN + 3, East Asia Summit, ASEAN Dialog Partners, ASEAN + European Union, Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation, Asia-Europe Meeting, Africa Region, Melanesian Spearhead Group and members of South West Pacific Dialog as the original participants of Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship.
- Candidates should be a single, between the ages of 21 to 27 years-old with at least a high school diploma;
- Candidates should possess high interest and talent in arts. Arts students or those with an academic history on Indonesian culture are encouraged to apply;
- Bearing in mind the intensity of the program, candidates are highly advised to ensure prime physical mentally/psychologist conditions, particularly for female candidates to ensure that they do not conceive prior and during the program;
- Participants must arrive in Indonesia a day before the Orientation Program
- Participants must follow the whole program, including orientation program and Indonesian Channel.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Candidates must complete the application form (attached) and submit it along with the followings:
- 1) A Motivation Letter;
- 2) 3 (three) passport-sized photographs;
- 3) A photocopy of passport with validity period at least two years;
- 4) A photocopy of academic diploma;
- 5) A photocopy of the latest valid health certification from a qualified medical practitioner. On the day of leaving the origin country, participants should be equipped themselves with a valid health certification from a qualified medical practitioner;
- 6) A letter of recommendation;
- 7) A personally signed statement declaring the following:
- The willingness to be subject to Indonesian laws and regulations during his/her stay in Indonesia;
- The willingness to follow all the rules and regulations set up by the organizing committee and art centres;
- The willingness to accept the facilities provided by the organizing committee and arts centres and stay at the designated accommodations; not to work or be employed for financial benefits during the program;
- The willingness to follow the travel arrangements arranged by the organizing committee;
- The willingness to participate in all the program arranged by the organizing committee and art centres, unless, during the program, declared unfit by a qualified medical practitioner;
- The willingness to leave Indonesia after the closing ceremony, at a date determined by the organizing committee.
- The willingness to pay penalty and to finance my own travel expenses, should I withdraw my participation during the course of the program.
- The programme will include Indonesian language lesson. A mastery (be it minimum) in Bahasa Indonesia will be an advantage for candidates but is not a main criterion for the programme, meanwhile, basic skill in English is compulsory.